• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Draft Pick / Rooting Interest Tracker

Long live the King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand why you would say such a thing about a kid you just drafted. What is there to gain from heaping all that pressure on him to perform and the organization to play him straight off the bat?

What's wrong with just saying "We made the pick because we believe Lias will develop into an excellent 2-way center who plays a solid 200 ft game, his compete level is very high and he's got excellent hockey IQ for his age". Maybe they felt a need to defend going off the board, fuck knows really.

Unless the kid is a total no-brainer like Dahlin/Matthews etc, I just can't fathom why you'd do that. They had no idea how he would adapt to NA ice for starters.

Is there a quote from Clarke saying they picked him because he's NHL ready? Or is everyone just remembering when Pierre said it? I have a feeling it's the latter because I don't ever remember him saying it.

Is there a quote from Clarke saying they picked him because he's NHL ready? Or is everyone just remembering when Pierre said it? I have a feeling it's the latter because I don't ever remember him saying it.

You might be on to something here. It's been said so many times maybe it's just accepted as fact.

I did a little search and couldn't find anything. In fact, in Clarke's interview at the draft he's pressed on it and says something to the effect of "I'm not going to draw up any timelines for him, but having already played a season with men in Sweden he's probably a bit further ahead than your average junior".

You might be on to something here. It's been said so many times maybe it's just accepted as fact.

I did a little search and couldn't find anything. In fact, in Clarke's interview at the draft he's pressed on it and says something to the effect of "I'm not going to draw up any timelines for him, but having already played a season with men in Sweden he's probably a bit further ahead than your average junior".

yea - this was it.

It was kind of implied that he was close.

With around 15 games to go...

5th (worse) spot still in reach, realistically.

Just 3 points ahead.

Devils, Wings, Kings and Sens are our of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't know. 15 games left and 6 of them with teams below/even-with us. So, I fear an influx of points as well as a continued slide from above by Buffalo, maybe others.

I don't know. 15 games left and 6 of them with teams below/even-with us. So, I fear an influx of points as well as a continued slide from above by Buffalo, maybe others.

Could happen. I basically stated the ceiling for the tank is the 5 spot, win too much and it?s closer to 9-10 again.

Could happen. I basically stated the ceiling for the tank is the 5 spot, win too much and it’s closer to 9-10 again.

I agree. Wasn't criticizing, just letting the trepidation leak out. FWIW, Scott Wheeler of the Athletic thinks that the draft class is such that any of his 3-9 prospect picks could be taken at #3 - that the rest of the top ten is competitive. So we will likely be in position for somebody good regardless (if we don't go off the board again, but who am I kidding?). Of course the more choice, the better.

I agree. Wasn't criticizing, just letting the trepidation leak out. FWIW, Scott Wheeler of the Athletic thinks that the draft class is such that any of his 3-9 prospect picks could be taken at #3 - that the rest of the top ten is competitive. So we will likely be in position for somebody good regardless (if we don't go off the board again, but who am I kidding?). Of course the more choice, the better.

Yeah. Let?s hope.

2.99 GAA and .909 save percentage, im not sure how he’s the reason they’re not dead last. I think u have to give credit to Quinn, at least some of it, or the first line

I think Zibanejad and Kreider having career years has a lot more to do with it. Zuccarello before being traded was on one of the best streaks in his career. Hayes was having a career year.