• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade D Adam McQuaid to CBJ for D Julius Bergman, 2019 4th, 7th-Round Picks

Phil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not mad at the return, but shouldn't have traded for him in the first place (and traded better picks).

At those points in the draft, I don't think the exact spot in the round is too critical. There's guys that some teams will want to take in the 4th round that others might have as a 6th rounder and such.

If we do want a third out of this, I think those two picks would be find to trade up to any third round pick

Now there's complaints about the return for McQuaid? My head is starting to hurt

People want something to be excited about. Draft is a crapshoot. When the return for roster players are a bunch of picks, it translates into a whole lot of "meh."

My faith in Clarke and co. is at an all time low.

So we rented McQuaid for 6 months and moved down like...14 spots in each round?

Super meh.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bruins-trade-adam-mcquaid-to-rangers/c-300046498

Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 11, that the team has traded defenseman Adam McQuaid to the New York Rangers in exchange for defenseman Steven Kampfer, a 2019 fourth-round draft pick and a 2019 conditional seventh-round draft pick.

Above is the original trade

People want something to be excited about. Draft is a crapshoot. When the return for roster players are a bunch of picks, it translates into a whole lot of "meh."

My faith in Clarke and co. is at an all time low.

Why Exactly? Last years draft was pretty damn good. We are rebuilding so of course we are getting mostly picks back. Nobody was giving a good young roster player for UFA’s

Why Exactly? Last years draft was pretty damn good. We are rebuilding so of course we are getting mostly picks back. Nobody was giving a good young roster player for UFA?s

I understand this. I am merely mentioning what I observe from fans on social media etc. As for Clarke take a look at this

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007089.html

Last year not withstanding, in the past 5 years alone, out of all their selections 2 are current NHLers. Buch and Chytil. I'm not counting Anderssen yet because he was just called up. Shestyorkin is the most promising that I can recall atm but he's yet to come here. I understand development takes time. But you can also go back and see who was passed up in the process and I can't help but :palm:

Maybe the guys who follow prospects can chime in here and change my mind.

Archived