Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Gallagher was a prolific goal scorer in junior. Lemieux was not.
    ?

Gallagher scored .71 goals per game in the OHL after he was drafted. Lemieux scored .72.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I've still yet to find anyone that can adequately explain the hype behind Hughes. I can't find anywhere where he's produced at a level commiserate with the attached hype. He's 3rd on his team in scoring, almost all assists in a similar league to Newhook, who is essentially unstoppable.

Even going back to when both were 15, Hughes struggled in the OHL playoffs, Newhook played one game had an assist and took a major misconduct.

I'm at the point where it seems to me that nobody will take an objective look at Hughes and thus he remains some McDavid level prospect despite never producing anything, anywhere.
    The BCHL isn’t anywhere near the USHL and you know that Dunny. The USHL is starting to pass a few of your CHL leagues buddy.

He had 58 points in 30 games, im not sure where you are getting your stats from.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'd bet good money he won't be. I think the Vesey thing is more in line here. He strikes me as Brandon Prust with Vesey's hands. You'll get tons of agitating qualities — he'll never not finish a check, always be first in on a scrum, and will generally piss off everyone opposite his ice — but with a dash more year-to-year scoring than Prust had.
    This definitely makes sense. Vesey does manage to piss the other team off, but it's just because he looks at them. I get pissed at Vesey when the camera spot lights him. I think it's the nose.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Hockeydb.

And it's not, because the structure of the league is dumb. One team is stacked on purpose. If it wants to be a real major junior league, then be a real major junior league. Get rid of the fake team that doesn't mean anything. USA Hockey doesn't need a special program at that level, you aren't losing 25-0 to Canada @ the WJC anymore like it's 1995.

Furthermore, if it's surpassed the CHL then I guess the NCAA should ban USHL players from NCAA participation. Like they do the CHL.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    The Jack Edwards of USA hockey
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I will say that junior hockey in Canada has been watered down to the point of absurdity. I think it's a massive issue. But that's a dif discussion, and I think it's at the Ontario Tier2 level more than anything. Ontario Tier2 has become awful.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

I will say that junior hockey in Canada has been watered down to the point of absurdity. I think it's a massive issue. But that's a dif discussion, and I think it's at the Ontario Tier2 level more than anything. Ontario Tier2 has become awful.
    My comparison was between the USHL and the BCHL. Each of those two leagues, along with the WHL and NAHL are were my players end.

I’ve had players get no where near USHL yet tear up the BC.

I had one of my bantams last year jump to the WHL this week, yet wasn’t gathering any interest from the USHL.

Another player i had is considered one of the strongest 04’s in North America. He ultimately wants to work with the USNDT, but he will head to the USHL before the W.

This isn’t 1995. The USHL compares to the CHL, and the NAHL compares to the BC and Alberta league now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Brandon Lemieux feels like home.

Will be interesting to see what kind of leash he gets from Quinn as his power level doesn't seem to have a limit.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Will be interesting to see what kind of leash he gets from Quinn as his power level doesn't seem to have a limit.
    I didn't know anything about him, but players of his kind usually live on adrenaline that wears out the more minutes they get. He's listed at 6-1, 210 but doesn't look it.

The thing about players like hi are that they are a great little thorn in someone's side when the team is good, like Avery...But they're really just a sideshow when the team is bad, like chicken dance Theo.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I didn't know anything about him, but players of his kind usually live on adrenaline that wears out the more minutes they get. He's listed at 6-1, 210 but doesn't look it.

The thing about players like hi are that they are a great little thorn in someone's side when the team is good, like Avery...But they're really just a sideshow when the team is bad, like chicken dance Theo.
    You’re right about how all that works, but I wouldn’t use Fleury in a comparison to Avery.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You’re right about how all that works, but I wouldn’t use Fleury in a comparison to Avery.
    I'm obviously not comparing the skill. Just how annoying they are and what a sideshow they become.

I'm obviously not comparing the skill. Just how annoying they are and what a sideshow they become.
    I understand that, but as bad as the Rangers were in Fleury’s time here he produced at his normal rate.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I understand that, but as bad as the Rangers were in Fleury’s time here he produced at his normal rate.
    I know. I just said I'm not talking production I'm talking antics lol.

I know. I just said I'm not talking production I'm talking antics lol.
    I know. I’d just connect with it more if he came here as a ppg player, left as a .05ppg player, and acted like a jerkoff in between. Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Comment literally has zero to do with points.

I think the point is that his antics are wasted on meaningless games right now and his antics come with a best before date. He can't keep doing this for five years if they suck for five years, it'll flip on him and he'll be part of the problem.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I think the point is that his antics are wasted on meaningless games right now and his antics come with a best before date. He can't keep doing this for five years if they suck for five years, it'll flip on him and he'll be part of the problem.
    Precisely.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I agree with the Lemieux commentary but he fits the mold of how I think the team will look next year. Annoying as fuck to play against but still not good enough to make the playoffs. The following year is when I think we start contending albeit the Rangers need to continue to add the right parts in the meantime.

Side note: Hayes with a 3 point night last night. That Jets team is stacked!

2 EN points lol

Too early to say what they'll be next year. Just look at the Habs.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789