Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He's not a top-six player. He's Jimmy Vesey, but with actual bite.
    If he turns into that, I'll be happy
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Deleted Midget Division
    I agree with it being a smart approach.

Banned Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If that's the return, it's because they think Lemieux is a scorer.

9 goals isn't bad for him, considering hte fact that he plays 7 minutes a night...but the fact that he's 23 and plays 7 a night is pretty concerning. If he's not a top 6 player then this is an awful return.
    Why is it an awful return? What the hell are people expecting? This is the exact return that was expected, reported for weeks, and now obtained. Lemieux is a young nhl caliber player. He’s a bottom 6 forward that plays a game that this team lacks.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    An NHL player and a 1st is not awful.
    Yes it is, it's a first that will probably be worse than Hayes and a bottom 6 player. This trade only makes sense if they think Lemieux can take on a much bigger role than he had in WPG - otherwise, it's a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Overall, depends what the conditional is. I posted before that was announced.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Why is it an awful return? What the hell are people expecting? This is the exact return that was expected, reported for weeks, and now obtained. Lemieux is a young nhl caliber player. He’s a bottom 6 forward that plays a game that this team lacks.
    Because you are making your lineup worse and not getting players who make it better in the future.

I have said, for weeks, that this return wasn't enough to make me want to trade Hayes, so I'd extend him.

Deleted Midget Division
    We saw with Avery and other players in this league how much a physical, aggressive player with skilled upside can affect how a team carries itself and how they're approached by other teams.

If that's what he winds up being, no complaints.

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Yes it is, it's a first that will probably be worse than Hayes and a bottom 6 player. This trade only makes sense if they think Lemieux can take on a much bigger role than he had in WPG - otherwise, it's a trade for the sake of making a trade.

No it isnt awful. I think you are overrating hayes. I mean he has been solid but this is his first real good consistent year and he is a UFA. This is a good return considering he was gone in a few months

Deleted Midget Division
    Because you are making your lineup worse and not getting players who make it better in the future.

I have said, for weeks, that this return wasn't enough to make me want to trade Hayes, so I'd extend him.
    Hayes may not have wanted to extend with the Rangers. Beyond that, I get the feeling his demeanor wasn't exactly beloved by the suits. Though, that's speculation.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Lemieux may be the first real manifestation of seeking players that fit the Quinn mode. Will be interesting to see if this continues in the draft.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Forth round pick us only if they win the cup, otherwise it goes away.

Banned Bantam Division

Of course lemieux is going to have a larger role with the rangers. Does that really need to be said? Look at the rosters. Wionepeg is stacked.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I was hoping for more on the conditional pick from Winnipeg. 4th rounder if they win the cup, no pick if they don't.

Still, a first rounder and a decent young player with upside isn't a terrible return.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    No issues whatsoever with this deal.

This trade was all gravy considering Hayes didn't even cost the Rangers a draft pick when he came here. I'd call this responsible asset management by Gorton

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It’s a good return.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Forth round pick us only if they win the cup, otherwise it goes away.
    Have to be the worst conditional pick ever wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I'm trying to think of the last trade that there wasn't at least one person that wasn't happy when it happened...
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

41 points in 53 games with Manitoba last season. Mean mother fucker. Just like Dad.
    I haven't seen this kid play at all, but I do know Winnipeg is a great team and ice time may have been hard to find. 7 min a night is not much of a chance to show what you've got. Here's to hoping he relishes the opportunity he should find here.

But they were never re-signing him, so in context of that it’s a good return for a rental.
    You can’t judge the return based on your wish to re-sign him. It’s a completely separate discussion. A valid one, but not in context of judging the trade.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    If he turns into that, I'll be happy
    Actually, he might be more Brandon Prust than Vesey, to be honest. Assuming he becomes it.

Something else to note — those 41 points in 53 games came on a massive PDO swing and a shooting percentage of 24%. Not good.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Not a bad deal overall, as long as Lemieux pans out to something more than a 4th liner. The conditional pick is a little bit disappointing, but Ill take the first round pick.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast