• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

He's not a top-six player. He's Jimmy Vesey, but with actual bite.

We saw with Avery and other players in this league how much a physical, aggressive player with skilled upside can affect how a team carries itself and how they're approached by other teams.

If that's what he winds up being, no complaints.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, it's a first that will probably be worse than Hayes and a bottom 6 player. This trade only makes sense if they think Lemieux can take on a much bigger role than he had in WPG - otherwise, it's a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Overall, depends what the conditional is. I posted before that was announced.

No it isnt awful. I think you are overrating hayes. I mean he has been solid but this is his first real good consistent year and he is a UFA. This is a good return considering he was gone in a few months

Because you are making your lineup worse and not getting players who make it better in the future.

I have said, for weeks, that this return wasn't enough to make me want to trade Hayes, so I'd extend him.

Hayes may not have wanted to extend with the Rangers. Beyond that, I get the feeling his demeanor wasn't exactly beloved by the suits. Though, that's speculation.

Yes it is, it's a first that will probably be worse than Hayes and a bottom 6 player. This trade only makes sense if they think Lemieux can take on a much bigger role than he had in WPG - otherwise, it's a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Overall, depends what the conditional is. I posted before that was announced.

Of course lemieux is going to have a larger role with the rangers. Does that really need to be said? Look at the rosters. Wionepeg is stacked.

41 points in 53 games with Manitoba last season. Mean mother fucker. Just like Dad.

He's not a top-six player. He's Jimmy Vesey, but with actual bite.

I haven't seen this kid play at all, but I do know Winnipeg is a great team and ice time may have been hard to find. 7 min a night is not much of a chance to show what you've got. Here's to hoping he relishes the opportunity he should find here.

Because you are making your lineup worse and not getting players who make it better in the future.

I have said, for weeks, that this return wasn't enough to make me want to trade Hayes, so I'd extend him.

But they were never re-signing him, so in context of that it’s a good return for a rental.

You can’t judge the return based on your wish to re-sign him. It’s a completely separate discussion. A valid one, but not in context of judging the trade.

• Like 1

If he turns into that, I'll be happy

Actually, he might be more Brandon Prust than Vesey, to be honest. Assuming he becomes it.

Something else to note — those 41 points in 53 games came on a massive PDO swing and a shooting percentage of 24%. Not good.

I like Hayes and thought he should be extended too. That being said, the concern if you extend him, do you get this year's motivated Kevin Hayes or previous versions where it was questioned if he was truly committed to being all-in? I bet the Rangers had similar concerns hence the trade and not the extension.

I like Hayes and thought he should be extended too. That being said, the concern if you extend him, do you get this year's motivated Kevin Hayes or previous versions where it was questioned if he was truly committed to being all-in? I bet the Rangers had similar concerns hence the trade and not the extension.

Exactly Kev! That's been the deal with him. He's a wild card and best sent to a place where he can be of service. We're going younger, faster stronger...Hayes won't fit this team mentality here going forward.

Hayes doesn't seem like the type that wants to live in Winnipeg. He seems more like a big city person. The Rangers might have just as good or better of a chance to resign him as anyone else, if that is what they want to do. And they might have told him that.

Hayes doesn't seem like the type that wants to live in Winnipeg. He seems more like a big city person. The Rangers might have just as good or better of a chance to resign him as anyone else, if that is what they want to do. And they might have told him that.

Probably sign with Boston so he could be close with the Spittin Chiclets dudes