• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the return, it's because they think Lemieux is a scorer.

9 goals isn't bad for him, considering hte fact that he plays 7 minutes a night...but the fact that he's 23 and plays 7 a night is pretty concerning. If he's not a top 6 player then this is an awful return.

Brendan Lemieux, W ? 22, drafted 2/31 ? 2014. It?s Claudes son. While not as talented, still fun to watch, brings energy, and some feistiness. RFA at seasons end and might be something they would include in a trade. I don?t think he should be the main piece, but coming back with a first and another prospect, I?d entertain it.

Return is a little underwhelming

9 goals isn't bad for him, considering hte fact that he plays 7 minutes a night...but the fact that he's 23 and plays 7 a night is pretty concerning. If he's not a top 6 player then this is an awful return.

No its not awful. Its pretty good for a rental. Plus if he resigns we most likely get a high conditional pick

An NHL player and a 1st is not awful.

Looks like he was a scorer in juniors, not so much on WPG but I don't know how he was used. Claude Lemieux's kid, described as an agitator and, you guessed it, "hard to play against" by Elite Prospects.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think that's the mindset. At best, scorer, at worst, tough to play against player who adds to the fabric of the team.

I think the deal, overall, had more to do with a 1st being involved as well as a conditional.

They're rolling the dice on several trades.

He's not a top-six player. He's Jimmy Vesey, but with actual bite.

It could have been a 1st round pick alone for Hayes and it would be a fine return, since the Rangers clearly weren't resigning him. The Rangers can't afford to lose players for nothing.

I think that's the mindset. At best, scorer, at worst, tough to play against player who adds to the fabric of the team.

I think the deal, overall, had more to do with a 1st being involved as well as a conditional.

They're rolling the dice on several trades.

Which is smart I think. Tampa could actually win the cup this year.

Why is it an awful return? What the hell are people expecting? This is the exact return that was expected, reported for weeks, and now obtained. Lemieux is a young nhl caliber player. He’s a bottom 6 forward that plays a game that this team lacks.

An NHL player and a 1st is not awful.

Yes it is, it's a first that will probably be worse than Hayes and a bottom 6 player. This trade only makes sense if they think Lemieux can take on a much bigger role than he had in WPG - otherwise, it's a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Overall, depends what the conditional is. I posted before that was announced.

Why is it an awful return? What the hell are people expecting? This is the exact return that was expected, reported for weeks, and now obtained. Lemieux is a young nhl caliber player. He’s a bottom 6 forward that plays a game that this team lacks.

Because you are making your lineup worse and not getting players who make it better in the future.

I have said, for weeks, that this return wasn't enough to make me want to trade Hayes, so I'd extend him.