• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

Yeah, because nothing says "sign here," like running your franchise out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed, and it would be a terrible statement for any players looking to come here. Besides, the other part of is would be that any player wanting to come here by choice rather than the force of the draft would probably want to see some sort of commitment to some of these remaining pieces to show we aren't too far away from competing. I kind of feel Kreids falls into that as well. I almost feel like they have to bring him back as long as demands are realistic just to show the team and everyone something along the lines of "look, we have some pieces already that will help us win in the near future" rather than selling everyone off with the idea of "but in 6 years we are going to be a powerhouse."

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, and it would be a terrible statement for any players looking to come here. Besides, the other part of is would be that any player wanting to come here by choice rather than the force of the draft would probably want to see some sort of commitment to some of these remaining pieces to show we aren't too far away from competing. I kind of feel Kreids falls into that as well. I almost feel like they have to bring him back as long as demands are realistic just to show the team and everyone something along the lines of "look, we have some pieces already that will help us win in the near future" rather than selling everyone off with the idea of "but in 6 years we are going to be a powerhouse."

Agreed. Brooks has referred to this as a "self-fulfilling prophecy." Dismantling the team to the point that rebuilding becomes the rebuild. There's seemingly no end.

Brooks is correct that signing Hayes for 5 years at 5.5 last summer would have been a solid deal for the Rangers and left them with good No. 1 and No. 2 centers. Anyone who doesn't think Hayes is a good two way No. 2 center is just being foolish. This is no way to start a rebuild. Perhaps if Panarin signs with NYI, Gorton will get an idea about the implications of stripping down to bare bones. It's one thing letting 31 year olds walk, its another letting 26 year olds go. What kind of rebuild strategy is that? Uncle Larry is not right about everything (he thought the Islanders going to Barclays was a good idea that would work out), but he is right more often than not.

Big Picture-something fundamentally wrong when under the cap system teams think it's good business to deal away servicable solid pros like JT MIller and Hayes at 24/25/26.Contract with Callahan who was dealt at 28/29 with crazy salary demands coupled with a chance to grab an all time talent for a CUp run. This isn't that. And Callahan wound up singing a way worse deal with Tamps than Sather offered him before all that.

I?m liking Newhook, as I begin my scouting. He?s listed a bit lower on most boards, 12-15, so another ?off the board? pick for ripple to complain about.

Dach is slow and Krebs is a character guy. So we are about to be an angry and disappointed fan base, again

I've never seen Dach play, but guys like Pronman and Wheeler say his skating has improved a lot and that he moves very well.

The biggest thing separating Dach from most other 200-pound players is that his weight doesn?t hold back his skating. Dach gets around the ice really efficiently and that, matched with his length, allows him to get to loose pucks and keep plays alive before smaller, faster players can get there.

Wheeler.

Make of it what you will.

Yea, that's who I thought of too. But I doubt Lemieux is the same type of scorer.

I'd bet good money he won't be. I think the Vesey thing is more in line here. He strikes me as Brandon Prust with Vesey's hands. You'll get tons of agitating qualities — he'll never not finish a check, always be first in on a scrum, and will generally piss off everyone opposite his ice — but with a dash more year-to-year scoring than Prust had.

I've still yet to find anyone that can adequately explain the hype behind Hughes. I can't find anywhere where he's produced at a level commiserate with the attached hype. He's 3rd on his team in scoring, almost all assists in a similar league to Newhook, who is essentially unstoppable.

Even going back to when both were 15, Hughes struggled in the OHL playoffs, Newhook played one game had an assist and took a major misconduct.

I'm at the point where it seems to me that nobody will take an objective look at Hughes and thus he remains some McDavid level prospect despite never producing anything, anywhere.

The BCHL isn?t anywhere near the USHL and you know that Dunny. The USHL is starting to pass a few of your CHL leagues buddy.

He had 58 points in 30 games, im not sure where you are getting your stats from.

I'd bet good money he won't be. I think the Vesey thing is more in line here. He strikes me as Brandon Prust with Vesey's hands. You'll get tons of agitating qualities ? he'll never not finish a check, always be first in on a scrum, and will generally piss off everyone opposite his ice ? but with a dash more year-to-year scoring than Prust had.
This definitely makes sense. Vesey does manage to piss the other team off, but it's just because he looks at them. I get pissed at Vesey when the camera spot lights him. I think it's the nose.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hockeydb.

And it's not, because the structure of the league is dumb. One team is stacked on purpose. If it wants to be a real major junior league, then be a real major junior league. Get rid of the fake team that doesn't mean anything. USA Hockey doesn't need a special program at that level, you aren't losing 25-0 to Canada @ the WJC anymore like it's 1995.

Furthermore, if it's surpassed the CHL then I guess the NCAA should ban USHL players from NCAA participation. Like they do the CHL.

• Like 1

I will say that junior hockey in Canada has been watered down to the point of absurdity. I think it's a massive issue. But that's a dif discussion, and I think it's at the Ontario Tier2 level more than anything. Ontario Tier2 has become awful.

My comparison was between the USHL and the BCHL. Each of those two leagues, along with the WHL and NAHL are were my players end.

I?ve had players get no where near USHL yet tear up the BC.

I had one of my bantams last year jump to the WHL this week, yet wasn?t gathering any interest from the USHL.

Another player i had is considered one of the strongest 04?s in North America. He ultimately wants to work with the USNDT, but he will head to the USHL before the W.

This isn?t 1995. The USHL compares to the CHL, and the NAHL compares to the BC and Alberta league now.

Will be interesting to see what kind of leash he gets from Quinn as his power level doesn't seem to have a limit.

I didn't know anything about him, but players of his kind usually live on adrenaline that wears out the more minutes they get. He's listed at 6-1, 210 but doesn't look it.

The thing about players like hi are that they are a great little thorn in someone's side when the team is good, like Avery...But they're really just a sideshow when the team is bad, like chicken dance Theo.

I didn't know anything about him, but players of his kind usually live on adrenaline that wears out the more minutes they get. He's listed at 6-1, 210 but doesn't look it.

The thing about players like hi are that they are a great little thorn in someone's side when the team is good, like Avery...But they're really just a sideshow when the team is bad, like chicken dance Theo.

You’re right about how all that works, but I wouldn’t use Fleury in a comparison to Avery.

I'm obviously not comparing the skill. Just how annoying they are and what a sideshow they become.

I understand that, but as bad as the Rangers were in Fleury’s time here he produced at his normal rate.

I know. I just said I'm not talking production I'm talking antics lol.

I know. I’d just connect with it more if he came here as a ppg player, left as a .05ppg player, and acted like a jerkoff in between. Lol