• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

No disagreement there. I also like the player, for the record. That nastiness is going to go a long way with me as a viewer. I just like to set reasonable expectations is all.

I definitely don't think he's a top-six player, or ever will be barring the odd in-game injury scenario or for a handful of shifts here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed there, much like Fast, if you're using him in top 6 that means you're probably garbage.

Oh, for sure. If he's even sniffing full-time duties as a scorer, your team is probably among the worst offensive teams in the league.

So, second-line next game, then?

And if they resign him. I can also see him getting the captaincy. So, yeah. They need to make up their mind here. When do we actually start trying to win games?

That's the burning question for me. If you're trading Kreider next year, this is a 5 year deal from now. That's just too depressing to fathom. That makes us Ottawa without Tkachuk and Chabot.

Oh, for sure. If he's even sniffing full-time duties as a scorer, your team is probably among the worst offensive teams in the league.

So, second-line next game, then?

I'd be giving him 13-16 minutes a night for next twenty games for sure. Turn him loose. He could single handedly set the tone for this thing going forward. NYC could latch on to this guy just like Avery. That would be awesome, especially through these lean years.

Either way, I read a lot about Petan today and I just want it on the record that I would way rather take Lemieux over him and I'm sure that's the guy they pushed.

I wanted the Finnish kid all along, but it looks like he was an untouchable.

I don't think there's anything stopping them for making a Brassard-like deal for Krieder where you get a younger player 2 or so years from peaking in exchange for a player at his peak now. Like if TO get manhandled, to they make a move for him to get bigger up front next year, at the price of moving out a Marner or Nylander? (Not necessarily to us, but to make room for Krieder).

I just don't buy that all is lost for 5 years if we don't keep him.

Maybe, but I don't think you'll ever get as much for him as you would have today.

You could use his cap space and allot it elsewhere but that in itself requires an element of opportunity on who is available. Then, you have to piece it all together and make it work. That takes time. We're talking like 80% turnover once Fast, Strome, Names etc are all gone.

I don't like it, and I think he's shown tremendous growth in the leadership department and he deserves to stay if he wants and his ask isn't redonkulous. Which it could be, he's a smart guy and may leverage everything.

I don't think there's anything stopping them for making a Brassard-like deal for Krieder where you get a younger player 2 or so years from peaking in exchange for a player at his peak now. Like if TO get manhandled, to they make a move for him to get bigger up front next year, at the price of moving out a Marner or Nylander? (Not necessarily to us, but to make room for Krieder).

I don't buy the all is lost for 5 years if they get rid of him either, but I also don't think it's a particularly healthy developmental environment to have guys on the team all year knowing a trade is coming. Trade or resign him this offseason, but make up your mind so the team can function without all these questions across the full season.

Probably true. There's going to be a market for cost-controlled + term that they can capitalize on w/Kreider. His contract will be an interesting saga.

5 years for me includes this year. We're in year 2 as of today. They have 5 months to evaluate now, shed some more at draft, make a fuck tonne of picks, but them we have to start heading the other way.

Tearing down over THREE deadlines is terribly inefficient in my view.

I think these last 20 games, without Zucc, will be interesting. Since they got Zib and united that line, I've felt it has always went as Zucc has went.

I'm trying to find out how many of Krieder's goals Zuucc set up over the last 2 years, but it seems like a ton.

There's ample money to extend Kreider now, I hoped that was the plan all along, no reason not to if the ask is reasonable. It's his team now and there's no other player like him in the league.

I feel like kreider is a part of the leader group in this team, and we need some experienced players. Kreider can still be a good player for 5-6 years and I hope they re-sign him.

A big plus that he speaks russian aswell, we have a few russians coming over next year (shesterkin, kravtsov, panarin).

I feel like kreider is a part of the leader group in this team, and we need some experienced players. Kreider can still be a good player for 5-6 years and I hope they re-sign him.

A big plus that he speaks russian aswell, we have a few russians coming over next year (shesterkin, kravtsov, panarin).

This just isn't true and it's brought up every time Kreider's name is mentioned.

Kreider keeps himself in great shape and will age well, in my opinion. By all accounts he's a machine off the ice in terms of working out. I could see him lasting a long time. Personally, I'd keep him around at a fair price. He, Zibanejad, and Skjei are the future with the younger guys beginning to fill in around them.

so you would be ok giving Hayes over 7 mill for six years,and not think this would come back and bite you i the rear end
Isn't that the going rate for a 2nd-line player ?

Are the Rangers paying anybody anytime soon $11 MM that McDavid/Matthews/Tavares get ? Outside of Lundquist (!), who's getting the Really Big Buck$$$ on the NYR in 2019, 2020, or 2021 ?

They’d be crazy to move Marner. Can’t see that happening. Nylander, yes.

This just isn't true and it's brought up every time Kreider's name is mentioned.

Kreider keeps himself in great shape and will age well, in my opinion. By all accounts he's a machine off the ice in terms of working out. I could see him lasting a long time. Personally, I'd keep him around at a fair price. He, Zibanejad, and Skjei are the future with the younger guys beginning to fill in around them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept him, but I would be stunned if he got the “c”. I think he’ll get an “a” just because of his tenure here, maybe.

5 years for me includes this year. We're in year 2 as of today. They have 5 months to evaluate now, shed some more at draft, make a fuck tonne of picks, but them we have to start heading the other way.

Tearing down over THREE deadlines is terribly inefficient in my view.

Sure, the tear-down is done. But then comes a year (or two) of bottoming out. That's important to remember. The Rangers need to draft higher than 7th and 9th and hopefully they will in 2019 and 2020.

But no UFA's will be kept past the deadline unless the Rangers are confident that they will re-sign. So if Kreider hasn't signed an extension by february next year, he will surely be on the market. The same goes for Namestnikov, Fast and Vesey.

Carpiniello asked Gorton very specific questions about Kreider yesterday and he was distinctly evasive and noncommittal. Maybe he's already playing Kreids and his agent, but if this is his body language now, it's not looking great for a long term extension.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think these last 20 games, without Zucc, will be interesting. Since they got Zib and united that line, I've felt it has always went as Zucc has went.

I'm trying to find out how many of Krieder's goals Zuucc set up over the last 2 years, but it seems like a ton.

Kreider-Zib has been productive with Buch, Fast, and now Vesey, small sample, as well. Zucc was the third wheel on that line.

Over the last 2 years, at even strength, Kreider has 28 goals. Zucc has the primary assist on 3.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/goal_finder.cgi?request=1&match=goallist&scorer_id_hint=Chris+Kreider&scorer_id_select=Chris+Kreider&scorer_id=kreidch01&idx=players&assist_id_hint=Mats+Zuccarello&assist_id_select=Mats+Zuccarello&assist_id=zuccama01&idx=players&grouping=p&season_start=-5&season_end=-1&rookie=N&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&game_num_type=team&game_month=0&game_type%5B%5D=R&game_type%5B%5D=OT&game_type%5B%5D=SO&order_by=date_game

Sure, the tear-down is done. But then comes a year (or two) of bottoming out. That's important to remember. The Rangers need to draft higher than 7th and 9th and hopefully they will in 2019 and 2020.

The problem with this thinking is that there are 6 other teams in this boat. The Rangers could be the least talented team in the league and still pick 7th. It's just a crap shoot at the bottom.

The tear-down isn't done if you're trying to guarantee a top 3 pick.

They're going to get one of Dach, Krebs or Newhook. I'm set on Newhook. That's just fine, more than fine really.

I’m liking Newhook, as I begin my scouting. He’s listed a bit lower on most boards, 12-15, so another “off the board” pick for ripple to complain about.

Dach is slow and Krebs is a character guy. So we are about to be an angry and disappointed fan base, again