• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with this isn't that we aren't getting "fair" value -- it's that the NHL is not the NFL. If we were stockpiling 1st-Round picks or 2nd Round or even 3rd Round picks, those have 90%/80%/70% success rates of being impact players within a year or two or three.

Not so in the NHL.

Unless we get super-lucky and hit on a late-1st, we're probably drafting 4th line and 3rd line players at best.

Unless we can package like 2 or 3 or 4 firsts and some seconds to someone in the Top 5 or Top 3 -- and I doubt the other team wants that.

Bravo - well said.

So....theres a conditional pick that if winnipeg goes all the way we get another pick because then our first would be the last pick of the first round but theres another conditional pick that if by some miracle their first rounder is a great pick we dont get it either. Lol. Why Would we make it bulletproof for the Jets whencwe are already giving them a sought after piece for a serious cup run?

So....theres a conditional pick that if winnipeg goes all the way we get another pick because then our first would be the last pick of the first round but theres another conditional pick that if by some miracle their first rounder is a great pick we dont get it either. Lol. Why Would we make it bulletproof for the Jets whencwe are already giving them a sought after piece for a serious cup run?

Winnipeg are currently 13 points clear in the west.

It’s probably not worth getting worked up about.

There was some talk about getting less for Zucc than we maybe could have gotten last year, but no mention of getting more for Hayes this year than what we could have gotten last year. I don't think Hayes gets close to netting a 1st round pick last year. And certainly not a 1st rounder + a halfway decent prospect/roster player. They would have been looking at probably a Michael Grabner type return tops, and it really paid off waiting to deal him. Additionally, it must have been their plan all along to deal him. He couldn't have played much better to make a case to have the Rangers sign him long term, and yet they didn't and still chose to trade him. Their minds were made up a long time ago, and it seems to me they gambled that he would have a good year to increase his value. This is purely conjecture, but it makes me wonder if there were other factors at play besides on ice performance.

Looking at what the other big names got in trade I think the Rangers did really well here and in the other trades.

I think this move helps advance the rebuild and development of Andersson and Chytl. They are going to play and play a lot. Andersson should get a bigger role and I think it's great. Let them play. They already burned an entry level year. I'm not sure the team even takes a huge step back.

Let's just hope for Winnipeg to get swept in round 1.

Hope Lemieux can log some minutes and find his niche and provide energy and a little protection for the kids.

Looking at what the other big names got in trade I think the Rangers did really well here and in the other trades.

I think this move helps advance the rebuild and development of Andersson and Chytl. They are going to play and play a lot. Andersson should get a bigger role and I think it's great. Let them play. They already burned an entry level year. I'm not sure the team even takes a huge step back.

Let's just hope for Winnipeg to get swept in round 1.

Hope Lemieux can log some minutes and find his niche and provide energy and a little protection for the kids.

Wayne Simmons was basically given away. I think the Rangers did very well and I know it’s wishful thinking but I’m hoping this is the last deadline we have to do this.

I don't understand what a Prust comparison is based on. Lemieux out produced Prust in the OHL and AHL.

He's only getting started here. Wilson/Ferland is also bad. Those guys are physical specimens.

I don't see how Lemieux isn't a 20/10 or 15/15 guy at his peak. That's miles ahead of what Prust was.

Lemeiux is way past guys like Prust. He was picked 31st, basically a first round pick and had 73 goals in 101 games in he OHL after he was drafted. He has continued to score goals pretty well at every level and he's still only 22, almost 23. He's got more untapped potential and even improved his playmaking last season in the AHL. We should have high expectations for him.

I don't understand what a Prust comparison is based on. Lemieux out produced Prust in the OHL and AHL.

He's only getting started here. Wilson/Ferland is also bad. Those guys are physical specimens.

I don't see how Lemieux isn't a 20/10 or 15/15 guy at his peak. That's miles ahead of what Prust was.

So slightly more scoring than peak (13-16-29) Prust?

The issue with Lemieux is his AHL numbers, while impressive at face value, ran parallel with an inflated PDO rate and a 24% shooting percentage in his best season. Neither of which is sustainable.

Maybe he's a more agitating Vesey?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So slightly more scoring than peak (13-16-29) Prust?

The issue with Lemieux is his AHL numbers, while impressive at face value, ran parallel with an inflated PDO rate and a 24% shooting percentage in his best season. Neither of which is sustainable.

Maybe he's a more agitating Vesey?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I liked your Vesey comparison. I don't care for the other stuff as it assumes he's a finished product.

Even if he bottoms out as a peak Prust, which is essentially what he is today, that's a massive upgrade on Glass/Grounds Keeper Willy, and I like 4 line teams. We went a long way on 4 line teams.