• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Kevin Hayes to WPG for F Brendan Lemieux, 2019 1st, Conditional Picks

Phil

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that his antics are wasted on meaningless games right now and his antics come with a best before date. He can't keep doing this for five years if they suck for five years, it'll flip on him and he'll be part of the problem.

I think the point is that his antics are wasted on meaningless games right now and his antics come with a best before date. He can't keep doing this for five years if they suck for five years, it'll flip on him and he'll be part of the problem.
Precisely.

I agree with the Lemieux commentary but he fits the mold of how I think the team will look next year. Annoying as fuck to play against but still not good enough to make the playoffs. The following year is when I think we start contending albeit the Rangers need to continue to add the right parts in the meantime.

Side note: Hayes with a 3 point night last night. That Jets team is stacked!

• 9 months later...
Brad Marchand? Not even in the same stratosphere

Key word: "type"

He's a pest....and he's good at it.

I love him standing up to those guys in Vegas last night...even had the class to tap the kid on the ass when he was going off the ice. It was an accidental play, and it kinda got Vegas off their game. Good stuff from the guy in last night's game...he was all over the ice, and noticeable!!

Brad Marchand if not a hall of famer, is going to be very close. Lemieux has to pay an admission ticket to get in

The kid's kinda young yet...I'm not saying he going to be a Hall of Famer. Lots of guys who aren't in the Hall have won cups though ;)

This trade looking better and better by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This sequence of trades, even with the Trouba contract, feels like a masterstroke by Gorton.

Lemieux has been better than advertised. If he can settle into the "Brandon Dubinsky" role - your 40-ish point, pain in the ass - that's a freaking coup.

Trouba's coming around. He's looked real solid over the last 10 games or so, even with the most unfavorable zone starts he's ever had in his career. He seems to have settled in, and here's to hoping we get the 50 point, reasonably steady defender we thought we got.

This sequence of trades, even with the Trouba contract, feels like a masterstroke by Gorton.

Lemieux has been better than advertised. If he can settle into the "Brandon Dubinsky" role - your 40-ish point, pain in the ass - that's a freaking coup.

Trouba's coming around. He's looked real solid over the last 10 games or so, even with the most unfavorable zone starts he's ever had in his career. He seems to have settled in, and here's to hoping we get the 50 point, reasonably steady defender we thought we got.

He's currently on pace for 48.something, with those majority D-zone starts.

Ryan Hollweg?

Brandon Prust. Glue guy. Can probably earn a significant role on the PK. Lots of energy at ES.

He's on pace for 34 points. He's more Prust than Dubinsky. And that's OK.

In his second season. I think he's certainly got more talent than Prust ever did. He's more of third line tweener than a pure fourth-liner like Prust.

I mean, that's fine. Split the difference. My point is, he's unlikely to ever be a 60-point player.