Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Trade F Mats Zuccarello to DAL for Two Conditional Draft Picks

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Not sure when zucc became such a great leader. He was more of the court jester if anything. He had a great run. He is far from irreplaceable though. Team stinks with him and it will stink without him. This is what a rebuild is.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    The problem is that we gave ourselves no incentives to sign Zucc as he becomes a UFA at the end of the year and we gave the incentive to Dallas. My guess is that Gorton didn't want him back because it wasn't one of 'His Guys' and both draft picks will never have the same leadership qualities as him.

Zucc was very well-liked in the locker room and he is a leader of men. And you destroy that chemistry between the team, especially the first line where you have Zibby having a career year and Kreider is Kreider.
    What does that mean? Why does it matter?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Midget Division
    As well liked a Ranger that has ever come through here. I'll miss him for sure, but at the end of the day, glad to see the Rangers are staying the course.

They just need to start hitting on some of these second rounders.
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    As well liked a Ranger that has ever come through here. I'll miss him for sure, but at the end of the day, glad to see the Rangers are staying the course.

They just need to start hitting on some of these second rounders.
    Sure, but it’s like shooting dice with the lights off
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Need to remember that they might not be using the 2nd rounders to draft players. Last year they used one to move up 4 spots in the 1st round to lock in Miller. I'd like to think they may do the same this year, assuming they get a late 1st for Hayes to work with, or if TB wins the Cup. Flexibility to improve that pick's position is huge when you've got your focus locked in on a player.

day-to-day Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It should have little impact on grown adults. Thanks for the memories. Drop the puck.
    Jerry Seinfeld "We're rooting for laundry"

http://www.baseballessential.com/new...-team-remains/

Whoever dons the Rangers' jersey is who we are rooting for.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Need to remember that they might not be using the 2nd rounders to draft players. Last year they used one to move up 4 spots in the 1st round to lock in Miller. I'd like to think they may do the same this year, assuming they get a late 1st for Hayes to work with, or if TB wins the Cup. Flexibility to improve that pick's position is huge when you've got your focus locked in on a player.
    This, gives them flexibility
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Also, there's hope with the Stars here. They have offensive talent, and they are 3rd in the league in GA. They are playing great defensive hockey with high end talent that can strike at any time. Those are the kinds of teams that can make a playoff series close against a higher seed. Winning 2 rounds is not out of the question, especially with Zucc added for secondary offense, and they may not be done improving by trade yet.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Should’ve been traded at last year’s trade deadline to maximize the return on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Should’ve been traded at last year’s trade deadline to maximize the return on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I do wonder what the offers looked like for him, if they even entertained any. If they didn't entertain any then it was a mistake. If they did and they got offers like this one, I can see why maybe they would wait since they already had a bunch of picks for the 2018 draft....and thinking the offers might improve over time. It seems they took the best deal they could get for him though.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Not a bad return.
    An excellent return if he signs with Dallas. You have to assume that’s on the table considering it’s part of the deal.
    The other side of that is Dallas agreed to that clause knowing full well they have no intention of resigning him.

#BringZuccsBack Pee-Wee Division rangers02's Avatar
    #ThankYouZucc

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    #KakkoSzn

HNIC BSBH Legend
    What are we thanking him for? What did he do here.

Oh, maybe that trip against the Kings...And not picking up Alec Martinez...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_W3p6RAcM

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    The problem is that we gave ourselves no incentives to sign Zucc as he becomes a UFA at the end of the year and we gave the incentive to Dallas. My guess is that Gorton didn't want him back because it wasn't one of 'His Guys' and both draft picks will never have the same leadership qualities as him.

Zucc was very well-liked in the locker room and he is a leader of men. And you destroy that chemistry between the team, especially the first line where you have Zibby having a career year and Kreider is Kreider.
    We gave the incentive to Dallas? So Dallas wants to lose a 1st round pick for signing him?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    That and they could always trade Zuccs rights for 3rd Rd pick giving the receiving team a window to try and sign him thereby circumventing the original deal they made with us. ( Hey, never know—Buffalo traded a 3rd pick to Nashville for Vesey’s right a couple of years ago)

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Didn't take long for Zuccarello to pay dividends for Dallas. Great pass to lead a breakaway goal in the 1st period:

https://www.nhl.com/video/faksa-scor...112/c-66184503

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Already a goal and an assist.

Nice to see Lundqvist and Zibenajad had nothing but good things to say about Zuccs, with Lundqvist even crying. Quinn just came off as a straight up Dick when asked about Zuccs but I can honestly say I’m not surprised coming from him.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post

Nice to see Lundqvist and Zibenajad had nothing but good things to say about Zuccs, with Lundqvist even crying. Quinn just came off as a straight up Dick when asked about Zuccs but I can honestly say I’m not surprised coming from him.

In Quinn's defense, his only experience with Zucc has been him spending time not playing because of injury, or playing shitty with a broken heart. I don't expect him to really comment on a guy he spent 40 games or so with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post

Why would Quinn be emotional? Hank has a reason, played with him for 9 years and they were close. Zibs was his liney.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In Quinn's defense, his only experience with Zucc has been him spending time not playing because of injury, or playing shitty with a broken heart. I don't expect him to really comment on a guy he spent 40 games or so with.
    Yeah, this. Fans are idiots. It’s more embarrassing than embracing the fun in Carolina.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast