• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees 2019

Stephen

And Here We Go! Spring Training is underway for all teams around Major League Baseball and I decided to start a season thread for the 2019 Season of the New York Yankees.

The youth will really have to perform in order for this team to win the division, even though they are favored since Boston has failed to sign a closer so far this free agency.

Personally, they shouldn't sign Harper since he can be known as a locker room cancer despite having career years wasted in Washington and his agent is one that Cash does not want to deal with in Scott Boras.

(For reference, NYY has as much Boras Clients as the Red Sox but did not overpay key FAs such as Britton and Paxton)

This should be an interesting season in the Bronx!

Thoughts on how this season will go for the Yankees?

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Here We Go! Spring Training is underway for all teams around Major League Baseball and I decided to start a season thread for the 2019 Season of the New York Yankees.

The youth will really have to perform in order for this team to win the division, even though they are favored since Boston has failed to sign a closer so far this free agency.

Personally, they shouldn't sign Harper since he can be known as a locker room cancer despite having career years wasted in Washington and his agent is one that Cash does not want to deal with in Scott Boras.

(For reference, NYY has as much Boras Clients as the Red Sox but did not overpay key FAs such as Britton and Paxton)

I don't think they need Harper. They've got plenty of good bats and did a pretty good job with the bullpen in the off season. If the team can stay healthy and keep up their play they should fine. Not that I'm saying the division is a lock, but their chances are good.

I'm probably one of the only people I know who's relieved they didn't sign Machado. One, because of his contract demands, and two because I didn't want to get him at the cost of dealing away Andujar.

TBH I'm not even a big baseball guy but this roster has me pretty excited. I'll be watching a lot more baseball this year that's for sure.

I don't think they need Harper. They've got plenty of good bats and did a pretty good job with the bullpen in the offseason. If the team can stay healthy and keep up their play they should fine. Not that I'm saying the division is a lock, but their chances are good.

I'm probably one of the only people I know who are relieved they didn't sign Machado. One, because of his contract demands, and two because I didn't want to get him at the cost of dealing away Andujar.

TBH I'm not even a big baseball guy but this roster has me pretty excited. I'll be watching a lot more baseball this year that's for sure.

Harper is asking for too much money because of his agent and if they did get Harper, it would've poached the farm system.

Take a look at Boston, they have no farm system because of the enormous contracts they gave to Betts and Martinez. The Yanks are not so, we need to grow through the farm system so we will be a better team overtime

Having lived in DC and watched him since he arrived, I wouldn't describe Harper as a locker room cancer. I think he's plenty likeable to his teammates and doesn't consciously divide the room. He does suck all the air out of it and it is affected disproportionally by whether he is hitting or not. All that hype and bigness used up all the focus and any space for other players to shine through, at least among hitters. I'm not sure he'd do that with the Yankees. Around Judge and Stanton, he'd just be another garden variety superstar. NY has bigger spotlight capacity. But it's just too much money for the average of what he delivers. Some years spectacular. Others definitely not so much.

Having lived in DC and watched him since he arrived, I wouldn't describe Harper as a locker room cancer. I think he's plenty likable to his teammates and doesn't consciously divide the room. He does suck all the air out of it and it is affected disproportionally by whether he is hitting or not. All that hype and bigness used up all the focus and any space for other players to shine through, at least among hitters. I'm not sure he'd do that with the Yankees. Around Judge and Stanton, he'd just be another garden variety superstar. NY has bigger spotlight capacity. But it's just too much money for the average of what he delivers. Some years spectacular. Others definitely not so much.

You are right because the only player that divided the locker room when Harper played with Washington was Papeldouche. I am sure you remember that incident when Papelbon was attacking and trying to choke Harper.

I should've phrased this better. My problem with Harper is that he is asking for too much money from teams that may not need an outfield, especially the Yankees who also need to sign Judge and many of their young players such as Sanchez and Torres.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-yankees/payroll/

• 4 weeks later...

What in God's name is going on with this team? Sure most of the top players are out, but Boone is doing himself no favors.

How can you manage a team that just had 18 strikeouts against a team that will not make the playoffs, and STILL lose two straight series at home against said terrible teams in BAL & DET?

HOW CAN THIS TEAM SLEEP AT NIGHT?? :palm: :wtf: :curse:

Yankees are built to hit HRs and hit HRs only. This has been the case for three years now and Cashman is on record saying this is how you win.

Unfortunately, it's not true in the playoffs. And while they may win 100 games eventually, they might strike out more than any team in the league this season.

They play in a Slo-Pitch Stadium, it's inevitable that they'll build their teams that way, and it's the correct way anyways, according to pretty much every FO in baseball.

Power and OBP are the best attributes in any baseball player.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Royals/Yankees game last night, good win for the Royals :). I was in a suite and had Mickey Rivers talking my ear off for just about the entire game. Quite interesting the stories he told. Cecil Fielder was also in the suite until 1st pitch then jetted out, didn?t seem like he was a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk