• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees 2019

Stephen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like it would be best if Yankee fans pretended it hadn't.

Injuries. Same old same old. The same guys can't stay healthy. Judge and Stanton need to go, but only Judge is movable. Hicks was a bad signing from the start. That was an obnoxious contract to give him.

Clint Frazier is also very good and needs to play.

Injuries. Same old same old. The same guys can't stay healthy. Judge and Stanton need to go, but only Judge is movable. Hicks was a bad signing from the start. That was an obnoxious contract to give him.

Clint Frazier is also very good and needs to play.

Frazier is good, I can see why we couldn't pry him away for Happ, and instead got junk.

Baseball lost me when they do 7 inning double headers and starting extra innings with guys already on base. It’s the dumbest thing ever. It’s like adding two point goals to hockey lol

It definitely isn't ideal. I especially hate how they talk about players this year. "Teoscar has really had a breakout season, he's become a force to be reckoned with"

Buck, it's been 5 weeks. It's May the 5th in the baseball calendar.

The pitching is is just getting shredded. An actual, verifiable, starting pitcher is as rare as a 30 HR OF'er. It's almost a lost art. Incredibly strange.

• 2 weeks later...
Welp, buy bye Yanks and hopefully buy bye Boone.

Hopefully. It's amazing how much these managers like to inject themselves into the game trying to be a genius. Took Cole out too early. Took Britton out too early. Wasted Chapman last night up 3-4 runs with a Game 5 on deck, and he puts him out there in the 7th tonight? Not sure what the game plan was there, but Chapman didn't quite have it tonight and that's on Boone.

Welp, buy bye Yanks and hopefully buy bye Boone.
Boone made too many mistakes. Why do you take out higgy and you Pinch-hit someone who couldn't get a hit since August and you put in Sanchez as your catcher? At least put in Kratz. Why did Boone take out Britton when he was looking to close out the 7th, only to have Chapman give up ANOTHER heart-breaking home run in the 8th. Boone cost us this game and this series He has to be fired after this "performance". Thanks a lot Voit for that "guarantee". You're no Messier, that's for damn sure.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hopefully. It's amazing how much these managers like to inject themselves into the game trying to be a genius. Took Cole out too early. Took Britton out too early. Wasted Chapman last night up 3-4 runs with a Game 5 on deck, and he puts him out there in the 7th tonight? Not sure what the game plan was there, but Chapman didn't quite have it tonight and that's on Boone.
Should've kept in Britton and maybe use Green for the 8th.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

One thing that seems pretty apparent is that a super smart and progressive FO is worth a lot more than a FO with a big budget that throws money at FA's on the wrong side of the aging curve.

Understanding that players prime is now more like 22-27 and knowing when to move on is incredibly important.

Question for the thread: What do you think will happen going forward after this disappointing loss for the Yankees?

I think Sanchez is gone, hopefully Boone along with him. They are stuck with Stanton probably. Tanaka probably gone, Hicks tradeable. It's time to just go for a little less swinging for the 3 run home run and play actual baseball. They also have a terribly right handed lineup.

Having said that, ive watched 5 minutes of baseball this year so I'm just going on what i've noticed for the last few years. This year was difficult to watch with the ridiculous new rules and quite frankly, protesting aspect I could do without.