Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Yankees 2019

#BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar

New York Yankees 2019

And Here We Go! Spring Training is underway for all teams around Major League Baseball and I decided to start a season thread for the 2019 Season of the New York Yankees.

The youth will really have to perform in order for this team to win the division, even though they are favored since Boston has failed to sign a closer so far this free agency.

Personally, they shouldn't sign Harper since he can be known as a locker room cancer despite having career years wasted in Washington and his agent is one that Cash does not want to deal with in Scott Boras.

(For reference, NYY has as much Boras Clients as the Red Sox but did not overpay key FAs such as Britton and Paxton)

This should be an interesting season in the Bronx!

Thoughts on how this season will go for the Yankees?
    WE GOT KAKKO AND THE BREAD MAN! LET'S GO RANGERS!

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    And Here We Go! Spring Training is underway for all teams around Major League Baseball and I decided to start a season thread for the 2019 Season of the New York Yankees.

The youth will really have to perform in order for this team to win the division, even though they are favored since Boston has failed to sign a closer so far this free agency.

Personally, they shouldn't sign Harper since he can be known as a locker room cancer despite having career years wasted in Washington and his agent is one that Cash does not want to deal with in Scott Boras.

(For reference, NYY has as much Boras Clients as the Red Sox but did not overpay key FAs such as Britton and Paxton)

I don't think they need Harper. They've got plenty of good bats and did a pretty good job with the bullpen in the off season. If the team can stay healthy and keep up their play they should fine. Not that I'm saying the division is a lock, but their chances are good.

I'm probably one of the only people I know who's relieved they didn't sign Machado. One, because of his contract demands, and two because I didn't want to get him at the cost of dealing away Andujar.

TBH I'm not even a big baseball guy but this roster has me pretty excited. I'll be watching a lot more baseball this year that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I don't think they need Harper. They've got plenty of good bats and did a pretty good job with the bullpen in the offseason. If the team can stay healthy and keep up their play they should fine. Not that I'm saying the division is a lock, but their chances are good.

I'm probably one of the only people I know who are relieved they didn't sign Machado. One, because of his contract demands, and two because I didn't want to get him at the cost of dealing away Andujar.

TBH I'm not even a big baseball guy but this roster has me pretty excited. I'll be watching a lot more baseball this year that's for sure.
    Harper is asking for too much money because of his agent and if they did get Harper, it would've poached the farm system.

Take a look at Boston, they have no farm system because of the enormous contracts they gave to Betts and Martinez. The Yanks are not so, we need to grow through the farm system so we will be a better team overtime

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Moderator Pee-Wee Division

Having lived in DC and watched him since he arrived, I wouldn't describe Harper as a locker room cancer. I think he's plenty likeable to his teammates and doesn't consciously divide the room. He does suck all the air out of it and it is affected disproportionally by whether he is hitting or not. All that hype and bigness used up all the focus and any space for other players to shine through, at least among hitters. I'm not sure he'd do that with the Yankees. Around Judge and Stanton, he'd just be another garden variety superstar. NY has bigger spotlight capacity. But it's just too much money for the average of what he delivers. Some years spectacular. Others definitely not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Having lived in DC and watched him since he arrived, I wouldn't describe Harper as a locker room cancer. I think he's plenty likable to his teammates and doesn't consciously divide the room. He does suck all the air out of it and it is affected disproportionally by whether he is hitting or not. All that hype and bigness used up all the focus and any space for other players to shine through, at least among hitters. I'm not sure he'd do that with the Yankees. Around Judge and Stanton, he'd just be another garden variety superstar. NY has bigger spotlight capacity. But it's just too much money for the average of what he delivers. Some years spectacular. Others definitely not so much.
    You are right because the only player that divided the locker room when Harper played with Washington was Papeldouche. I am sure you remember that incident when Papelbon was attacking and trying to choke Harper.

I should've phrased this better. My problem with Harper is that he is asking for too much money from teams that may not need an outfield, especially the Yankees who also need to sign Judge and many of their young players such as Sanchez and Torres.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-yankees/payroll/

#DRIVEFORFIVE

MLB: New York Yankees 2019

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Meh.

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Baseball is totally dead and needs to overhaul the game is all I hear.. Yet the 5th reliever in the pen makes Crosby money.

Also, fuck the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Baseball is totally dead and needs to overhaul the game is all I hear.. Yet the 5th reliever in the pen makes Crosby money.

Also, fuck the Yankees
    If that's your view, then go ahead

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Moderator BSBH Prospect

Also, fuck the Yankees

Good point. Are you following the Jays this year or have just given up?

Of course, I am. They are a mess, but there's, err, hope, maybe. System is looking good and it's finally Vladdy Jr. time.

I don't begrudge the division it is what it is. I'd rather lose to the best then watch Kansas City 30 times a year.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Yankees should have signed Harper. Such a shame.

And they’ll be desperate for a LHH & a 1B by game 20.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    330 million is absurd. I don't mind passing on either Harper or Machado. They don't need either player.

You are right about 1B though. I absolutely do not believe in Voit or Bird.
    GORTON 2020

Smoak will just slide over to Yanks in August for some Low A lottery Ticket.

What a start to the season. Yankees bats were hitting balls hard all over the field today.

Smoak will just slide over to Yanks in August for some Low A lottery Ticket.
    What for? He's no Luke Voit.

Last edited by rangers02; 04-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.

#DRIVEFORFIVE

#DRIVEFORFIVE

90 wins tops with all these injuries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast