• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Leafs Inquire on Chris Kreider

Phil

According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, the Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be among the teams that have inquired on New York Rangers forward .

Brooks reports that the Boston Bruins and Nashville Predators are also believed to have expressed interest, but writes that Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton will only trade the winger if he receives "an offer he cannot refuse."

https://www.tsn.ca/report-leafs-inquire-on-rangers-kreider-1.1261207

Nick Kypreos was talking about Toronto the other day. How they need grit and who do they have that?s trade able. Funny thing was that he and Doug Maclean agreed that Nylander right now is untrade able due to his 8.3 mil. signing bonus that comes July 1st. He also only has 12pts in 30 gms. But I?d take him and Bracco?that?s 2 young righthanded forwards for Kreider and McQuaid

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nick Kypreos was talking about Toronto the other day. How they need grit and who do they have that’s trade able. Funny thing was that he and Doug Maclean agreed that Nylander right now is untrade able due to his 8.3 mil. signing bonus that comes July 1st. He also only has 12pts in 30 gms. But I’d take him and Bracco—that’s 2 young righthanded forwards for Kreider and McQuaid

I feel like the only way that TOR would be interested is if they can move Nylander, but I'm not sure why the Rangers would do that. If they want Nylander, go get him in the offseason, they have no pressure to get him before the draft, and TOR will have a lot less leverage then. I'd rather just try to poach Kapanen.

There'd have to be another big asset coming back from TOR for NYR to make that, I think. It's odd to say, but it's almost like a cap dump for TOR.

Also, Kreider isn't gritty.

I was just thinking about going back and adding Timothy Liljegren and a pick to the deal because of that big chuck?8.3 mil signing bonus and since Bracco is 21 and hasn?t cracked their line-up yet. Also because Kreider at 4.25 mil. Next year gives Toronto a little more breathing room in terms of negotiations with Marner and Kapenen, plus that extra year would allow for Marleau to go into retirement so Kreider could get his big contract as well.

I watching Hockey Radio from today and again Kypreos & MacLean are again saying Toronto needs to get bigger because there?s a 90% chance that they face Boston in the 1st Rd and Boston is big and physical.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a Brassard type deal for Kreider, a 28 year old for a 23 year old, but that's not a deal likely to occur at the deadline. The 23 year old must be a proven player, not just a prospect, and if you are going for the cup, you generally don't want to subtract good players from your current roster, even if you are getting something good in return. I get the sense that Quinn would really like to have Kreider as a leader on his team long term, and that may influence Gorton.

Archived