Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Jussie Smollett

Fake hate crime? Thoughts?

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was "officially classified" a suspect in a criminal investigation Wednesday for allegedly filing a false police report, according to a tweet from Chicago police spokesman Officer Anthony Guglielmi.

A Cook County grand jury was hearing evidence just weeks after the young actor reported being the victim of a hate crime on January 29, the police spokesman said. Filing a false police report is a Class 4 felony.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/20/e...ack/index.html
    Last edited by Vodka Drunkenski; 02-20-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Fine him a large sum of money and move on.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Holy fuck, it’s awfully quiet on sm right now. What a fuckin piece of shit. I mean, that fake ass cut from day 1 should have told you everything you needed to know. I’ve seen Pete do worse while he was shaving. Guy cries that he was beat and choked, and comes up with that weak ass cut. My daughter would have bludgeoned that plug worse than that with 2 slaps. Hope he loses his job and gets black balled. Well, he already gets black balls, so that’s not fair.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Fake hate crime? Thoughts?
    I'm going to ask that you provide a bit more when starting a thread like this. Provide a quote and link to an article so people without knowledge to the incident can be informed.

If you prefer, I can add some to the OP.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I'm going to ask that you provide a bit more when starting a thread like this. Provide a quote and link to an article so people without knowledge to the incident can be informed.

If you prefer, I can add some to the OP.
    Done
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Holy fuck, it’s awfully quiet on sm right now. What a fuckin piece of shit. I mean, that fake ass cut from day 1 should have told you everything you needed to know. I’ve seen Pete do worse while he was shaving. Guy cries that he was beat and choked, and comes up with that weak ass cut. My daughter would have bludgeoned that plug worse than that with 2 slaps. Hope he loses his job and gets black balled. Well, he already gets black balls, so that’s not fair.
    My first comment when hearing the story “the guys put a noose around his neck but let him to walk home??”
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My first comment when hearing the story “the guys put a noose around his neck but let him to walk home??”
    Not a mark on him other than that scratch on his cheek. Bad actor, worse liar. How could anyone look at that picture and think his story matched up? You’d have to be a complete moron. The way he described that hate crime, he should have looked like he went 5 rounds with Tyson. Now it’s being said he wrote the hate letter too. The letter that got little attention, so he elevated it to a fake hate crime.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I'm just glad no innocent person had to have their names dragged through the mud or their lives ruined over this.

Victimless crime and justice will hopefully be swiftly carried out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I'm just glad no innocent person had to have their names dragged through the mud or their lives ruined over this.

Victimless crime and justice will hopefully be swiftly carried out.
    There were a few street cameras that the police looked back on. Imagine if 2 poor bastards were turning the corner at the time he said he was attacked?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    I'm not sure what he was after here. Did he want to make Trump supporters look worse? Or did he want attention for himself? Either way it's pathetic.

If he was trying to make trump supporters look awful, there's plenty of examples of individuals doing awful things. Now, trump supporters will just point to this as an example of how everything is fake news and all that crap.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Just a horrible lack of good judgement, and something he will pay for with the least his career and jail time the most. The story was just coming out this morning that the two Haitian guys had cut up magazines in their apartment so apparently they were put up to send him the hate mail as well.

my wife and I watched the greenbook last night. seems like some would be happy (on both sides) if race relations in this country slid back to the 50's/60's.
    Acqua in bocca

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I'm not sure what he was after here. Did he want to make Trump supporters look worse? Or did he want attention for himself? Either way it's pathetic.

If he was trying to make trump supporters look awful, there's plenty of examples of individuals doing awful things. Now, trump supporters will just point to this as an example of how everything is fake news and all that crap.
    I don't think we have enough information yet to accurately say one way or another. Some have suggested this was an elaborate ploy to keep his character from being written off television by sparking national sympathy for him as a person.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

well now i'm sure he's being written right out of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    laugh out loud funny, the most 2019 headline
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    They also think he faked the racist letter that was sent to him before he made this story up. I hope he never gets an acting job again.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...QSBlbZRjKIJ4mU

This stunt was orchestrated by Smollett because he was dissatisfied with his salary,” Johnson said. “I’m left hanging my head asking why, why would anyone, especially an African American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations."
    ooof

“As superintendent — and also as a black man who lives in the city of Chicago — I know the racial divides, I know the disparities, and I know the history,” Johnson said. “This announcement today recognizes that ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career.”

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think we have enough information yet to accurately say one way or another. Some have suggested this was an elaborate ploy to keep his character from being written off television by sparking national sympathy for him as a person.
    I applaud your pause for more information. I think it’s something we lack as a society, as the How We Destroy Lives Today thread talked about.
    We may never get the true answer. At least not from him. Can we take any further explanation as truth?
    Regardless of his motives, it’s interesting that a gay black man would use the MAGA angle as the main avenue. When asked why he thinks this happened to him he says because he “came out hard against 45 and his administration”. (At the 10:45 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Banned Junior Division
    im not surprised he thought he could get away with it and probably benefit himself. all you have to do is accuse. media will pick it up and run with it, no proof is necessary. we should be surprised not because he did it, but because police is actually investigated this found out the truth.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Anyone who perpetrates such an event and DOESN'T think he will get caught is not too bright. First of all, there are cameras everywhere -- a good thing or a bad thing IDK. Next? What's the motive? Money just might be the root of all evil today (Pink Floyd) and lastly, how does one live with one's self? I think it was Eddie Murphy who said, "The mind is a terrible thing." For some, it is.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    They also think he faked the racist letter that was sent to him before he made this story up. I hope he never gets an acting job again.
    Never gets an acting job? He should be in jail, if it was all a hoax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast