• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tortorella Says Words — Totally Not Scandalous Ones — About Anthony Duclair

Phil

I have no issue with this.

They just talked about it on Chiclets and on 31 thoughts. There's the way the game is played in Jrs or AHL, and the way the game is played in the NHL. You have a responsibility away from the puck or even with the puck in a danger area in the NHL, and you can get away things if you're Malkin...Not if you're Duclair.

“Unloads” is a really strong word. He basically said he’s not sure why Duclair isn’t getting the message.

I love how the tweet says “In his hometown, no less” as if that matters.

There are several more tweets, it's not nearly as scandalous as Phil's click-bait thread title. ;)

When we traded him he had 19 NHL games under his belt, and it was reasonable to believe that he was a valuable commodity who would learn the game at the NHL level. What did Brooks call him, the "Duke of Broadway" or something?! I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a chance with a fifth NHL team after Torts chews him up and spits him out, if Columbus hasn't spat Torts out first... I don't think these comments presage a return to post game press conference melt downs... yet. It will take coaching a team sans Pananrin and Bobo that misses the playoffs by 10 points to do that.

What part of what he said do you take issue with

Its no longer what he said that bothers me now. I can no longer get past the arrogance and his (seeming) inability to outsmart the person asking him dumb questions...if in fact they are dumb or designed to simply raise his ire and illicit a reaction. Like Don Cherry's act, would you agree that Torts is getting a bit too predictable with his disdain for 'media?' He has to know that it's part of the job by now.

Its no longer what he said that bothers me now. I can no longer get past the arrogance and his (seeming) inability to outsmart the person asking him dumb questions...if in fact they are dumb or designed to simply raise his ire and illicit a reaction. Like Don Cherry's act, would you agree that Torts is getting a bit too predictable with his disdain for 'media?' He has to know that it's part of the job by now.

Well considering he does a press scrum daily you hear a story like that maybe once or twice a year, I don't know what the big deal is.

That said, what's the problem with what he specifically said, here, other than the guy who tweeted it was probably more offended than Duclair. This is only a story because the media is making it one. It's no different than when AV said that if Miller doesn't get his shit together, he will be a very good AHLer. But AVs mister nice guy so he gets a pass.

Archived