Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: [RS] (#59) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // Sickest Individuals @ Bunch of Jerks

  1. #61
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,541
    Rep Power
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The paycheck ain't bad either.
    Yeah the $80 annually pays for the bsbh domain.

  2. #62
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,541
    Rep Power
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pete’s gotta be so hard Kreider missed the empty net
    To be expected.

  3. #63
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,649
    Rep Power
    131
    Hank may have ruined this season. Not tonight but overall. This team has had too many nights when they had no business winning. Hank is the reason we’re not in the running for Hughes and Kakko.
    GORTON 2020

  4. #64
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,902
    Rep Power
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hank may have ruined this season. Not tonight but overall. This team has had too many nights when they had no business winning. Hank is the reason we’re not in the running for Hughes and Kakko.
    Hank and the Zibanejad line. Yup. Rangers' PDO is sky high of late.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #65
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,137
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Valley rubbin’ up his bone for the post-game. He’s going to be real excited describing the way Henrik was like a wall in net and stopped the CAR caravan.
    you mean wallrus

  6. #66
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,945
    Rep Power
    74
    Bunch of Jerks gear everywhere at the arena. They even had a "Bunch of Jerks" cam on commercial break.

    I support the tank but I selfishly wanted this game tonight. Sorry. They can get back to their losing ways next game.

  7. #67
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,649
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Bunch of Jerks gear everywhere at the arena. They even had a "Bunch of Jerks" cam on commercial break.

    I support the tank but I selfishly wanted this game tonight. Sorry. They can get back to their losing ways next game.
    It's nice to see the Canes be somewhat relevant again. Even if they do stink, at least they're making something of this season.
    GORTON 2020

  8. #68
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,945
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    It's nice to see the Canes be somewhat relevant again. Even if they do stink, at least they're making something of this season.
    Well me too. I don't want hockey to leave Raleigh.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,094
    Rep Power
    30
    Why are they winning these games?? Again a 40+ saves night and they win 2-1.

    This team is too bad to compete and too good to tank. Will finish 10-12, fail on our 1st and we will suck for many years.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Why are they winning these games?? Again a 40+ saves night and they win 2-1.

    This team is too bad to compete and too good to tank. Will finish 10-12, fail on our 1st and we will suck for many years.
    Unless they fuck up the coming week this team will definitely be bad enough to tank once Zuccarello, Hayes etc are gone. Still only 6 points above 3rd from last with 22 games to go.
    It is fucking annoying though. Would've certainly been good if Zib and Kreider saved their career years for next season.

  11. #71
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,352
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Why are they winning these games?? Again a 40+ saves night and they win 2-1.

    This team is too bad to compete and too good to tank. Will finish 10-12, fail on our 1st and we will suck for many years.
    They aren’t good, Hank is
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  12. #72
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,094
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    They aren’t good, Hank is
    And he is a part of the team.

    We've won games where Hank has been absolute shit, because of Zib's line, so its not just Hank. Georgiev has also won some points we never should've had.

    Start losing more ffs

  13. #73
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,352
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    And he is a part of the team.

    We've won games where Hank has been absolute shit, because of Zib's line, so its not just Hank. Georgiev has also won some points we never should've had.

    Start losing more ffs
    The goaltending has been the main reason. Mostly Hank, Georgiev of late.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  14. #74
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    2,092
    Rep Power
    11
    The usual moaners are dismayed once again, because the Blueshirts won a close game, thanx to stellar net minding by the KING!! Annnndddddd, they got secondary scoring as well!! Who woulda thunk? Terrific road victory!!



  15. #75
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,565
    Rep Power
    49
    Oh god it’s going to be hard to watch when Zucc and Hayes depart. I don’t like this ‘middle of the pack’ status we’re now achieving. As someone said above, “not good enough to win and not good enough the lose.”

    Middle is death.

  16. #76
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    39
    We should have plenty of time to tank after the deadline. Once we trade these guys off and bring up the Lettieri's of the world again, we have 23 games left and 20 games remaining after the deadline. That's 46 potential points. If the Rangers go 6-13-4, that would be 16 points and we'd finish with 75 points which last year would've given us the 7th worst record overall.

    In order for this team to get into the top 3 they're going to really have to put these losses in gear:

    Ottawa is 11 points back at 22-32-5 > 49 Pts and they're the worst...LA is at 52 pts and they look to be in bad shape

    The good news is that there are a bunch (9 teams) that are 6 points or less behind us; Min, Col, AZ, Chi, Van, Ana, Edm, NJ, Det. It shouldn't be too hard to have some of those teams surpass us after the trade deadline. I just hope this franchise is smart enough to realize that this is the year to get this rebuild into high gear by starting NOW.

    I think after the deadline we should start "tryouts" for next season. AKA: "Time to see what exactly we have on the farm". No better time than the present....and that's NOT including anything we KNOW is going to be good...Like Kravtsov and the like. Those guys can stay right where they are for now.

    Standings Link: http://www.nhl.com/rangers/standings/2018/league
    Last edited by Ozzy; 02-20-2019 at 09:46 AM.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,565
    Rep Power
    49
    Ha-ha Ozzy...let's give everyone a try even the Zamboni driver. Hand out sticks and skates to anyone within 50 feet of the ice. How about a long-time "Season Ticket Holder" perk (long-time ensures higher age group) and allow them to 'take a shift' as a loyalty bonus. Yeah, sign everyone you can reach to a 1-shift NHL contract. That would be fun to watch -- ordinary people getting slammed!

  18. #78
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Ha-ha Ozzy...let's give everyone a try even the Zamboni driver. Hand out sticks and skates to anyone within 50 feet of the ice. How about a long-time "Season Ticket Holder" perk (long-time ensures higher age group) and allow them to 'take a shift' as a loyalty bonus. Yeah, sign everyone you can reach to a 1-shift NHL contract. That would be fun to watch -- ordinary people getting slammed!
    Big Guy, it sounds like a great idea right? It'd be like starting training camp in March!

  19. #79
    Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    The good news is that there are a bunch (9 teams) that are 6 points or less behind us; Min, Col, AZ, Chi, Van, Ana, Edm, NJ, Det. It shouldn't be too hard to have some of those teams surpass us after the trade deadline. I just hope this franchise is smart enough to realize that this is the year to get this rebuild into high gear by starting NOW.
    Completely agree. I'm not too negative. Colorado, Chicago, Arizona, Minnesota and Vancouver are all within 2 points of a wild card and some of them may even be buyers at the deadline, so the Rangers should drop below them easily. The current bottom-6 (Anaheim, Detroit, NJ, Edmonton, LA, Ottawa) are all in tank mode, but I don't see teams like NJ or Edmonton tearing down their roster like the Rangers are about to do.

    I'm positive - I don't see why we shouldn't be looking at bottom-5.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •