• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fix 'Em Fast: Wings, Oilers, Hawks, or Ducks?

Phil

I actually think Anaheim is the right choice. Outside of Henrique, the other big deals expire relatively soon making buyouts and trades with retention far more palatable.

They also have a decent NHL blue line, the only viable goaltender of the group, and some solid F prospects in Steel, Terry, and Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Oilers. Give me McDavid, Draisatl, Klefbom, I can build a solid team. They need to find their answer in goal, which has held them back this year. They've really underperformed in the standings this season, so are prime for a shakeup (trading players, changes in the org, etc)

Anaheim is probably the correct choice, and appears to have the shortest road to redemption.

But you can't help but wanting to take Edmonton, an organization who has fucked up an almost unfuckupable (no, that's not a word) situation. The best player in the world, one of the best one-two punches in the league and a shitload of high draft picks in the last 5 years. Yeah I'm taking Edmonton. And I'm probably going to be hounded out of town in the next 6 months.

Anaheim is probably the correct choice, and appears to have the shortest road to redemption.

But you can't help but wanting to take Edmonton, an organization who has fucked up an almost unfuckupable (no, that's not a word) situation. The best player in the world, one of the best one-two punches in the league and a shitload of high draft picks in the last 5 years. Yeah I'm taking Edmonton. And I'm probably going to be hounded out of town in the next 6 months.

Nine top-ten picks in ten years, no? I'm not going near that org if I'm a GM until that entire front office gets gutted.

• 9 months later...