Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

#BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Iíll be shocked if these guys arenít moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hayes will be the one that is moved since he will be a UFA, so you want to trade the rest of JH's salary and sign to a more reasonable contract.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    #KakkoSzn

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    If I had to guess, I'd say that with respect to Hayes, this will follow the script from the Callahan situation five years ago, where serious offers were made by both sides, and they get close, but ultimately it doesn't get done and he gets traded at the last moment. Unfortunately, the return in such a scenario will not be optimal. As for Zuc, he has made a pretty big deal about wanting to stay, and now that will be put to the test. I have no idea if Gorton is just making him a low ball offer or is being serious. His success with Shattenkirk may lead him to overplay his hand with players who would like to stay.

day-to-day Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    The fact that they’re this terrible and still barely under the cap this season is horrifying. I don’t mind extending an offer to Hayes but now I have questions.

If they’re not going to trade these two, what was the point of this season? Why didn’t they try to get better last summer? Is the rebuild over? I’m so confused what the plan is now.
    Hopefully the plan is to confuse the fan base and the public. The Rangers should still be in rebuilding mode. Good timing for Zucc and Hayes to be on hot streaks. Should raise their trade value for playoff team(s) looking to make deep runs.

Enjoy the first line play, because our top two lines should look a lot different after the trade deadline.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Everyone keeps saying Ottawa is screwing us by not officially saying if Duchene and Stones are available. Thereís also Panarin, Kovalchuk, and Getzlaf who could all be available. Letís face it, all are considered better than Hayes. So until they are officially either traded or officially ďoff the marketĒ we will have to wait. AND even then Gorton may not like the return heís being offered and decide to keep them.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    Everyone keeps saying Ottawa is screwing us by not officially saying if Duchene and Stones are available. There’s also Panarin, Kovalchuk, and Getzlaf who could all be available. Let’s face it, all are considered better than Hayes. So until they are officially either traded or officially “off the market” we will have to wait. AND even then Gorton may not like the return he’s being offered and decide to keep them.

I'm not really sure that either Getzlaf or Kovalchuk are more attractive pieces then Hayes right now. If for no other reason than they have time left of their contracts.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Interesting that Carp and Brooks are on complete opposite sides here. Curious if disinformation was given to one just to see if it would get printed.
    Maybe it's something in the middle. Like Gorton talking to Hayes agent about talking to a potential buyer with an extension on the table once he's traded.

I really don't want these two back. Tear it down. Only spend market value on elite talent.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not really sure that either Getzlaf or Kovalchuk are more attractive pieces then Hayes right now. If for no other reason than they have time left of their contracts.
    I agree on those two, but the point still stands imo.
    Panarin, Duchene and Stone are the big fish heading into this deadline. I don't think we'll see much movement before those guys are off the board one way or the other.
    It might lead to deals happening very close to the deadline, depending on when Ottawa set their own deadline for Duchene & Stone signing/being officially on the market.

Moderator Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I think that's exactly what happened. The Rangers are notoriously tight-lipped about these things.

It is hard to argue Carp's point that the more Gorton knows about where the price points are for these guys, the more creative he can be in negotiations with other teams.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Hayes will be the one that is moved since he will be a UFA, so you want to trade the rest of JH's salary and sign to a more reasonable contract.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    KH

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB

41m
    Lots of good chunks here. Dallas has kicked the tires on Zucc and Blue Jackets might be in on Hayes.

Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB

36m
    Talked about this on the pod this week, but the Hayes market probably goes from soft to red-hot the moment Duchene moves. Teams who missed out on him are going to gun hard to not miss on Hayes, and that's fine, too. Friedman speculated that with Columbus.

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB

42m
    Hayes makes almost too much sense for Columbus. Bigger body Torts covets, can help down the middle, could replace some offense if they do move on from Panarin ...

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB

36m
    Talked about this on the pod this week, but the Hayes market probably goes from soft to red-hot the moment Duchene moves. Teams who missed out on him are going to gun hard to not miss on Hayes, and that's fine, too. Friedman speculated that with Columbus.

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB

42m
    Hayes makes almost too much sense for Columbus. Bigger body Torts covets, can help down the middle, could replace some offense if they do move on from Panarin ...
    lets add a conditional pick that we send them that kicks in if they trade us Panarin's rights pre July 1st and we reach an agreement on a deal with him

Darren Dreger
    @DarrenDreger

4h
    Now that Duchene is off the market teams will dial in on Kevin Hayes. Sources says a few teams have inquired about trading for both Hayes and Zuccarello. #aggressive

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Hayes is looking for 5 years, north of 7 mill per

Zuc wants to stay in NY, will take a friendly deal to stay.

A deal for Kreider will have to be an offer they can’t refuse. Of course that’ll be heavily debated by the fans if it happens.

In on Panarin

In on Karlsson
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hayes is looking for 5 years, north of 7 mill per

Zuc wants to stay in NY, will take a friendly deal to stay.

A deal for Kreider will have to be an offer they canít refuse. Of course thatíll be heavily debated by the fans if it happens.

In on Panarin

In on Karlsson
    Cool. I don't know why i'm hesitant about Karlsson but I am. I'm totally down with Panarin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I think that's exactly what happened. The Rangers are notoriously tight-lipped about these things.

agreed. smells like subterfuge
    Acqua in bocca

looking at cap friendly the cost of our blue line is a complete an utter shit show.

i'd feel a lot better if we could get out from under a few of those. I don't know
    what the hell sather was thinking giving him that contract.
    Acqua in bocca

Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

Elliotte Friedman Retweeted

Renaud Lavoie
    @renlavoietva
    Spies in New York are telling me Marc Bergevin will be at MSG this afternoon for the
    @NJDevils, @NYRangers game.

Funny, both the Devils and us have scratched our trade bait players so I guess he came a day late. Unless heís here to negotiate face to face, LoL.( Montreal has over 9 mil. in cap space)

Last edited by Mr.wiskers; 02-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12