Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

There has been a shift in the dynamic as the Rangers approach the Feb. 25 trade deadline.

The Post has learned that general manager Jeff Gorton is now engaged in an ongoing dialogue with the agents for pending free agents Mats Zuccarello and Kevin Hayes as the Blueshirts weigh extending the contracts of two of their best players against the return they might get for either or both on the market.

Cap considerations for 2019-20 and beyond are also a major part of the equation. There is, we are told, considerable distance between the parties, but that is to be expected as the negotiating process with each player is in a relatively early stage. The Blueshirts appear to have approximately $25 million with which to work next season, though the team could clear approximately $7.5 million of space by buying out Kevin Shattenkirk and Brendan Smith. Signing Hayes and Zuccarello would likely amount to between $11.5-and-$12 million.
    https://nypost.com/2019/02/15/alexan...e-past-sabres/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Year 2 of Shattenkirk buyout is $6m cap hit. 3.1m for Smith

Pretty much means no Panarin and no Kreider.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Year 2 of Shattenkirk buyout is $6m cap hit. 3.1m for Smith

Pretty much means no Panarin and no Kreider.
    You can bury Smith and trade Shattenkirk with retained 50%. The guy is still an NHL player who can help someone's PP for that price tag.

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Not to familiar with the dates but Bleskleys buried contract and Spooners retained comes off the books, we will lose someone to the expansion draft as well. And Staals actual salary will be 4.2 mil., 3.2 mil if we pay him his bonus before we deal him like we did Brassard. So we should be able to re-sign Kreider when itís time.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Carp is saying the exact opposite today.

But here’s what won’t happen. Gorton and the Rangers won’t change their minds here and keep Hayes and Zuccarello.

Everything’s in play for the Rangers from now through July, and even beyond. For that to be so, they need to continue to stockpile assets and to continue to free up cap space. They’re going to be dealing for young players and trying to sign relatively young free agents (Panarin’s name is most popular, of course).

The talk about Zuccarello returning as a free agent July 1 is a possibility, remote perhaps, but it most certainly is not the plan. Ditto for Hayes.

The Rangers are stuck toward the top of the draft lottery, and though they could drop some and gain some pingpong balls after the deadline, they’re not going to be in the No. 1 or No. 2 (or likely 3, 4, 5, 6) slots when the season ends.

They are not going to let feelings about a player such as Zuccarello or Hayes prevent them from turning them into more assets — and they need more, to be sure. They also are seeing that with Hayes playing the best hockey of his career (but well under a point per game) and Zuccarello a key cog on a steaming-hot first line, they’re going nowhere.
    http://https://theathletic.com/82132...es-in-buffalo/

You’ve got to hope he’s right.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    The fact that they’re this terrible and still barely under the cap this season is horrifying. I don’t mind extending an offer to Hayes but now I have questions.

If they’re not going to trade these two, what was the point of this season? Why didn’t they try to get better last summer? Is the rebuild over? I’m so confused what the plan is now.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    The fact that theyíre this terrible and still barely under the cap this season is horrifying. I donít mind extending an offer to Hayes but now I have questions.

If theyíre not going to trade these two, what was the point of this season? Why didnít they try to get better last summer? Is the rebuild over? Iím so confused what the plan is now.
    How could they have gotten better if they were up against the cap for this year?

Without resigning anyone they will probably have something like 23 million in cap space this offseason. Even resigning Hayes, say to a 6 year @ 6.5 per would leave 16.5 million.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Interesting that Carp and Brooks are on complete opposite sides here. Curious if disinformation was given to one just to see if it would get printed.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Iím sure theyíre just covering all bases in case they donít end up moving one of them. Maybe playing hard to get by making it seem like they might not move someone.

I canít see the Rangers keeping both zucc and Hayes.

Wtf

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    More gibberish from people that have " learned from reliable sources ". These so-called sources are out to have exposure and sell their b.s. to anyone that will listen to them or read their columns. BTW, WTH is Carp? Oh, a fresh water fish.

Last edited by LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN; 02-16-2019 at 01:07 PM.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Iíll be shocked if these guys arenít moved.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    How could they have gotten better if they were up against the cap for this year?

Without resigning anyone they will probably have something like 23 million in cap space this offseason. Even resigning Hayes, say to a 6 year @ 6.5 per would leave 16.5 million.
    23 if the cap goes up 3m, but that’s with only 8 forwards and 4 d.

Pionk, DeAngelo, (6 d) plus Buch + 4 rookies (12F + 1) will be around 15m, minimum. Sign Hayes and you’re at the cap max, with the same shit squad.

23 if the cap goes up 3m, but that’s with only 8 forwards and 4 d.

Pionk, DeAngelo, (6 d) plus Buch + 4 rookies (12F + 1) will be around 15m, minimum. Sign Hayes and you’re at the cap max, with the same shit squad.
    How do you get to 15m for 4 rookies and a few underachieving rfas?

Pionk 4, Ada 2.5 Buch 3.5 (these are low based on compatibles) + 4 x 1m

Honestly I don't know that I would keep any of those guys, especially not Pionk at 4m. If it does, I hope it isnt here.

Ok so figure 4m for 4 rookies, leaves 19m. Minus Hayes at 6.5 per leaves you at 12.5. Sign Panarin 11m per year. Maybe 10 if youre lucky and he really wants to be here. They can get creative to figure out the 1-2 holes that are left.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Interesting that Carp and Brooks are on complete opposite sides here. Curious if disinformation was given to one just to see if it would get printed.
    I think that's exactly what happened. The Rangers are notoriously tight-lipped about these things.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I agree. No sense keeping ADA and Buch with Quinn coaching. And I don’t want Pionk continuing to lead the team in minutes, either.
    Need to move salary, and not waste any. And I can’t justify giving Hayes 7m. Sorry
    The money needs to be spent on elite talent. Not middle 6ers. We have enough of them!

I agree. No sense keeping ADA and Buch with Quinn coaching. And I don’t want Pionk continuing to lead the team in minutes, either.
    Need to move salary, and not waste any. And I can’t justify giving Hayes 7m. Sorry
    The money needs to be spent on elite talent. Not middle 6ers. We have enough of them!
    I agree on overpaying middle 6ers, but to me that is Strome/Namestnikov. Hayes skillset is better than that.

I also just showed a way to sign Hayes and sign an elite talent. Unless you think we can get Panarin and someone better than Hayes this offseason.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Iíll be shocked if these guys arenít moved.

This
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast