• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Malkin Suspended One Game for Stick-Swinging Incident Against Flyers

paddynyc

I'll be in the minority. Intentionally swung his stick, but I don't think hitting him in the face was intentional. He is responsible for his stick which is why I presume he got anything. 1 game is sufficient. Not even sure it deserved that.

I’d bet your life that no part of this action was accidental on Malkins part.

I'll be in the minority. Intentionally swung his stick, but I don't think hitting him in the face was intentional. He is responsible for his stick which is why I presume he got anything. 1 game is sufficient. Not even sure it deserved that.

live, my impression was he was pissed about getting punched in the back of head. dangerous reaction, but if the stick whiffs, no harm no foul. could have caused serious injury so 1 game suspension warranted. but same stick motion with more blood equals longer suspension? think nhl discipline is uneven, based on damage to victim

Malkin has always been a dirty scumbag. If shit was addressed years ago, this would be a bigger suspension. I mean, we can go back to his slew foot on fuckin Paul Mara .... that’s how long he’s been an asshole. If Wilson did it, he’d be getting destroyed.

Malkin has always been a dirty scumbag. If shit was addressed years ago, this would be a bigger suspension. I mean, we can go back to his slew foot on fuckin Paul Mara .... that’s how long he’s been an asshole. If Wilson did it, he’d be getting destroyed.

IMO, Malkin and Marchand are marketed or promoted by NHL, Wilson is villified. Can you explain why the three dirty players are treated differently re:suspensions?

I listen to Steller and Simmer? in the morning on Sirious. Never saw two guys talk out both sides of their mouths. The first part of the discussion is the disclaimer that fighting is bad for the game and the rest of the discussion is tongue in cheek how cool the scrap was. point being the league can stop this if they want to but you still have remnants of neanderthals in the league that thinks this still has a purpose.

Archived