• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Celebration of Rangers' 1994 Stanley Cup: Full Ceremony New York Rangers Game Night

Ozzy

A well done presentation by MSG and was good to all the guys back for one night (except for Noonan)

Was awesome seeing everyone there, and a really nice touch bringing Karpotsev's wife and daughter.

Noonan was at the dinner the night before, had to get back to coach in the Illinois HS state championships.

It's by far the best moment of watching sports in my lifetime. I remember that playoff run like it was yesterday. Living in Norway, my brother and I would set our alarm clocks to 1am, sneak downstairs and watch the games. What a time to be alive :slats:

The nostalgia may have worn off, and this is hopefully the last time they do something like this, but I'll never forget it.

I was 27 and loving every minute of it. It was also the last year of my season ticket subscription. The next year ('95) was the lockout and Keenan went to the Blues which soured me on that whole season...or half of it, as it were. But absolutely the greatest year to be there; Hanging out in the Play By Play with the guys after the game and running into some of the players afterwards just to hang and shoot the shit. They were super cool too!

Noonan, Kocur, Hudson and Eddie O were among the most common to see after games. Olczyk still gets a great hand when the people see him...we still remember how he'd hang out after games and sign shit 'til his hand was tired.

I'll never forget that year! That team was the epitome of what hockey is all about.

I'll never understand the complaining. People act like everyone has won a cup but the Rangers. Toronto hasn't won a Cup in 50 years. St. Louis (50 years), Buffalo (47), Vancouver (47), Arizona (38), San Jose (26), Ottawa (25), Florida (24), Nashville (19), Winnipeg (18), Columbus (17), and Minnesota (17) have no cups in their franchise history. That's 1/3 of the league that has never won a cup. The Flyers haven't won since the 70's, 42 years ago. The Islanders since the 80's, 34 years ago.

We had a great run of success over the last decade. Only 4 or 5 teams were better.

I'll never understand the complaining. People act like everyone has won a cup but the Rangers. Toronto hasn't won a Cup in 50 years. St. Louis (50 years), Buffalo (47), Vancouver (47), Arizona (38), San Jose (26), Ottawa (25), Florida (24), Nashville (19), Winnipeg (18), Columbus (17), and Minnesota (17) have no cups in their franchise history. That's 1/3 of the league that has never won a cup. The Flyers haven't won since the 70's, 42 years ago. The Islanders since the 80's, 34 years ago.

We had a great run of success over the last decade. Only 4 or 5 teams were better.

Yeah, but they're not OUR RANGERS!!!!!! :-)

Should we be content because other teams haven?t won?

How many other teams celebrate the last win, 25 years ago? Honest question as I'm not sure.

I think it's nice for the players to get together and reminisce. Don't think it needs a huge pregame ritual.

How many other teams celebrate the last win, 25 years ago? Honest question as I'm not sure.

I think it's nice for the players to get together and reminisce. Don't think it needs a huge pregame ritual.

That's what I'm saying. Most teams have no history to celebrate. Don't be mad at the ceremony. Be thankful for the memories. Obviously everyone wants to win it every year, but that's unrealistic.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Probably doenst really happen but you will see it more often now (business decisions ie more ticket/merch sales), think about the teams that won after the Rangers, Carolina, Anaheim, TB, even the Devils first championship in '95 I could see them all doing something.

Pittsburgh in '91 and/or '92 didnt really need to do a 25th anniversary celebration, instead they just won the Cup on their 25th Anniversaries both years, I think that would be the ultimate celebration.

Archived