Thread: Celebration of Rangers' 1994 Stanley Cup: Full Ceremony New York Rangers Game Night

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division

Celebration of Rangers' 1994 Stanley Cup: Full Ceremony New York Rangers Game Night

I wasn't sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's a link to the ceremony, so it's easy to find.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    The nostalgia has officially worn off
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Midget Division
    A well done presentation by MSG and was good to all the guys back for one night (except for Noonan)
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    A well done presentation by MSG and was good to all the guys back for one night (except for Noonan)
    Was awesome seeing everyone there, and a really nice touch bringing Karpotsev's wife and daughter.
    Noonan was at the dinner the night before, had to get back to coach in the Illinois HS state championships.

Senior Member Midget Division
    loved it and it did last a life time. i'm greedy. would like a dynasty before i leave this earth.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It's by far the best moment of watching sports in my lifetime. I remember that playoff run like it was yesterday. Living in Norway, my brother and I would set our alarm clocks to 1am, sneak downstairs and watch the games. What a time to be alive

The nostalgia may have worn off, and this is hopefully the last time they do something like this, but I'll never forget it.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 02-12-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I was 27 and loving every minute of it. It was also the last year of my season ticket subscription. The next year ('95) was the lockout and Keenan went to the Blues which soured me on that whole season...or half of it, as it were. But absolutely the greatest year to be there; Hanging out in the Play By Play with the guys after the game and running into some of the players afterwards just to hang and shoot the shit. They were super cool too!

Noonan, Kocur, Hudson and Eddie O were among the most common to see after games. Olczyk still gets a great hand when the people see him...we still remember how he'd hang out after games and sign shit 'til his hand was tired.

I'll never forget that year! That team was the epitome of what hockey is all about.

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    1929, 1932, 1940, 1994...Most of Rangers Cup winners are...dead

I'll never understand the complaining. People act like everyone has won a cup but the Rangers. Toronto hasn't won a Cup in 50 years. St. Louis (50 years), Buffalo (47), Vancouver (47), Arizona (38), San Jose (26), Ottawa (25), Florida (24), Nashville (19), Winnipeg (18), Columbus (17), and Minnesota (17) have no cups in their franchise history. That's 1/3 of the league that has never won a cup. The Flyers haven't won since the 70's, 42 years ago. The Islanders since the 80's, 34 years ago.

We had a great run of success over the last decade. Only 4 or 5 teams were better.

Banned Midget Division
    but everyone says we're special.

...and then you have shittsburg stealing cups.

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'll never understand the complaining. People act like everyone has won a cup but the Rangers. Toronto hasn't won a Cup in 50 years. St. Louis (50 years), Buffalo (47), Vancouver (47), Arizona (38), San Jose (26), Ottawa (25), Florida (24), Nashville (19), Winnipeg (18), Columbus (17), and Minnesota (17) have no cups in their franchise history. That's 1/3 of the league that has never won a cup. The Flyers haven't won since the 70's, 42 years ago. The Islanders since the 80's, 34 years ago.

We had a great run of success over the last decade. Only 4 or 5 teams were better.
    Yeah, but they're not OUR RANGERS!!!!!! :-)

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Celebration of Rangers' 1994 Stanley Cup: Full Ceremony New York Rangers Game Night

Should we be content because other teams havenít won?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend

How many other teams celebrate the last win, 25 years ago? Honest question as I'm not sure.

I think it's nice for the players to get together and reminisce. Don't think it needs a huge pregame ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How many other teams celebrate the last win, 25 years ago? Honest question as I'm not sure.

I think it's nice for the players to get together and reminisce. Don't think it needs a huge pregame ritual.
    That's what I'm saying. Most teams have no history to celebrate. Don't be mad at the ceremony. Be thankful for the memories. Obviously everyone wants to win it every year, but that's unrealistic.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Probably doenst really happen but you will see it more often now (business decisions ie more ticket/merch sales), think about the teams that won after the Rangers, Carolina, Anaheim, TB, even the Devils first championship in '95 I could see them all doing something.
    Pittsburgh in '91 and/or '92 didnt really need to do a 25th anniversary celebration, instead they just won the Cup on their 25th Anniversaries both years, I think that would be the ultimate celebration.

Can't wait for the 50 year anniversary tbh