• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Igor Shesterkin

Blue Heaven

If you read the post you quoted carefully, it was about how Hank and Mrs. Lundquist might not have to walk away from the money at all. But I agree with Josh's premise. It really depends on how he plays. He strikes me as an extremely proud guy who is accustomed to playing at a Hall of Fame level as a number 1 goaltender. If he can still even approximate his historic level this season with a closer to 50-50 (or perhaps less) workload, it is not an issue. Nobody is going to push him out. But if not, that very pride and ego could make him look for a financially amicable way out for 20/21, lest his overall reputation be tarnished by further decline or a year largely riding the pine at an $8.5m hit. Again, getting that $5.5m cap space back a year early - particularly if Kakko/Hughes speeds up the rebuild - could be worth significantly more than the cash itself to the Rangers. If he performs in a way that satisfies him, it's not going to be a question. But if he does not, both sides may want to have a conversation about whether there is an exit strategy that both preserves his dignity and cushions the financial blow. Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

I think a load of 50-50 even if less is a problem and they will push it out it's on

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic