HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    U drunk?
    U!

Banned Junior Division
    Getting there

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    OK, and I played on both sizes during the same season every year until Junior. I didn't find it even noteworthy.
    I'm sure it's a different experience for everyone.
    The fact you did it every season probably has something to do with it. And I imagine as a kid you probably don't care all that much.
    For my brother and I, playing our whole lives to that point on a bigger sheet and then moving over to play junior hockey at the highest level it's definitely a significant transition.
    In Shestyorkins case, he'll have played something like 17-18 seasons as a goaltender on a European sheet and making the transition at NHL will obviously take some getting
    used to. He might be able to make the switch immediately, but I think most goaltenders (and skaters) need some sort of adjustment period to get used to it.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I'm really curious why Magnus Hellburg is SKAs starting goalie over Igor in the second round. SKA won the first two games with Hellburg so I guess they figure, why change what's working. I hope Magnus doesn't tell Igor how he hated his NA experience, if he did.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    As voiced by Maloney and Giannone, Shestorkin (or his agent) is trying to stipulate in advance where he plays next season as a condition for coming over. Would not seem to be the best look for joining your new team, having not yet played in NA.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I say let him play here next season what do we have to lose? Might as well see what hes got. I can understand adjusting to the different ice but in terms of seasoning, hes getting to that age where hes not really gonna get better playing anywhere but the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    this idea that the quality is so much better in the AHL than the KHL, because angles, is dumb.
    For sure, KHL is a much higher skill league than the AHL, it would be pointless to send him to the AHL. He needs to come to training camp and prove his chops and if he holds up then Georgy is getting traded for picks

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    For sure, KHL is a much higher skill league than the AHL, it would be pointless to send him to the AHL. He needs to come to training camp and prove his chops and if he holds up then Georgy is getting traded for picks
    I Disagree.
    I have former players in the KHL, and am close friends with someone who coached up until last season.
    Overall perhaps a better league due to age, but there are NA players that do very well in the KHL that didnt do much in AHL. At best the KHL is a slightly more developed league

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Dont forget, he's still a backup next year for SKA. Hellburg signed a 3 year extension

https://twitter.com/hcSKA_News/statu...42490346520576
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Good. Trade Georgiev this offseason when his trade value will never be higher. He's a product of Allaire and will flop somewhere else like the rest. It's perfect.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The KHL is full of players who couldn't have the NHL and we're saying it's a good place to develop goalies? Stop.

Also no reason to trade Geogiev if he's a product of Allaire. We have Allaire. Not sure what the issue is.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    We don't have room for him.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Georgiev is nice, but Shesterkin is the future. Get him here when you have the chance before he signs another multiyear deal there, takes the starting job and delays longer or never comes. Shesterkin must be the organizations priority. If they've known this about Shesty's demands then part the of the reason Georgiev may be getting so many games may be to showcase him.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Hanks not going anywhere till he retires and you have your potential starter coming over (hopefully) from Russia, you almost have to move georgiev. Might explain why hes getting more starts recently.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The KHL is full of players who couldn't have the NHL and we're saying it's a good place to develop goalies? Stop.
    Much better place than the AHL

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Much better place than the AHL
    Based on what?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Based on what?
    Well, it's a bit of both really.
    There are more skill guys playing top 6 roles in the KHL than in the A. But parity is much more of an issue and the bottom 6 guys are often at a significant level below.
    I don't think it's necessarily true that the KHL is a superior place to be for a developing goalie, particularly when you factor in he's playing for such a good team and at some point he needs to adapt to NA ice.

From Shestyorkins perspective I can see why he'd choose to play for SKA on more money over humping the bus in Hartford though.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Well, it's a bit of both really.
    There are more skill guys playing top 6 roles in the KHL than in the A. But parity is much more of an issue and the bottom 6 guys are often at a significant level below.
    I don't think it's necessarily true that the KHL is a superior place to be for a developing goalie, particularly when you factor in he's playing for such a good team and at some point he needs to adapt to NA ice.

From Shestyorkins perspective I can see why he'd choose to play for SKA on more money over humping the bus in Hartford though.
    I hear you and mostly agree.

I just don't get blanket statements like "The KHL is just better". Better at what? For who? Why?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    A lot more traffic and net front battles in NA.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division

Also no reason to trade Geogiev if he's a product of Allaire. We have Allaire. Not sure what the issue is.
    But what do you do with him if Shesterkin comes over and shows he's ready to play half a year with Hank? Stick him back in Hartford? Could they roll 3 goalies and healthy scratch one every night? I've never seen that done before but even if Shesterkin doesn't come I don't see Hank playing more than 45 games next season.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast