Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 150 of 150

Thread: Igor Shesterkin

  1. #141
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,342
    Rep Power
    302
    He's made like 60 million dollars and he's not an idiot. If you can't make 2-3 million per annum from 60 million you probably need to talk to different people.

  2. #142
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,230
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He's made like 60 million dollars and he's not an idiot. If you can't make 2-3 million per annum from 60 million you probably need to talk to different people.
    True. But people don't walk away from another $17 million over 2 years. Everyone is greedy.

  3. #143
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,078
    Rep Power
    531
    Patrik Berglund disagrees.

  4. #144
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,419
    Rep Power
    324
    Hes not retiring because he can still play
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #145
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    True. But people don't walk away from another $17 million over 2 years. Everyone is greedy.
    If you read the post you quoted carefully, it was about how Hank and Mrs. Lundquist might not have to walk away from the money at all. But I agree with Josh's premise. It really depends on how he plays. He strikes me as an extremely proud guy who is accustomed to playing at a Hall of Fame level as a number 1 goaltender. If he can still even approximate his historic level this season with a closer to 50-50 (or perhaps less) workload, it is not an issue. Nobody is going to push him out. But if not, that very pride and ego could make him look for a financially amicable way out for 20/21, lest his overall reputation be tarnished by further decline or a year largely riding the pine at an $8.5m hit. Again, getting that $5.5m cap space back a year early - particularly if Kakko/Hughes speeds up the rebuild - could be worth significantly more than the cash itself to the Rangers. If he performs in a way that satisfies him, it's not going to be a question. But if he does not, both sides may want to have a conversation about whether there is an exit strategy that both preserves his dignity and cushions the financial blow.
    Last edited by RodrigueGabriel; 04-13-2019 at 12:15 PM.

  6. #146
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    35
    I haven't seen anybody raise the issue of why in hell the team itself played much better for Georgiev than it did for Hank down the stretch. Hank wasn't great, but even faced with Quinn trying to get him 20 wins they came out flat and uninspired against Ottawa. Then they went and got 3 points in the last two playing fiercely against tough teams in front of Georgiev. What was that about?

  7. #147
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I haven't seen anybody raise the issue of why in hell the team itself played much better for Georgiev than it did for Hank down the stretch. Hank wasn't great, but even faced with Quinn trying to get him 20 wins they came out flat and uninspired against Ottawa. Then they went and got 3 points in the last two playing fiercely against tough teams in front of Georgiev. What was that about?
    Quinn when asked why he basically said the premise was nonsense.

  8. #148
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,752
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I haven't seen anybody raise the issue of why in hell the team itself played much better for Georgiev than it did for Hank down the stretch. Hank wasn't great, but even faced with Quinn trying to get him 20 wins they came out flat and uninspired against Ottawa. Then they went and got 3 points in the last two playing fiercely against tough teams in front of Georgiev. What was that about?
    They said the same thing about Talbot and every other backup Henrik had. Im starting to think Henrik is somehow involved in this.

  9. #149
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,419
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    They said the same thing about Talbot and every other backup Henrik had. Im starting to think Henrik is somehow involved in this.
    Then you spend too much time on Internet forums. lol

    I had teams where we didn’t play as hard in front of starters because we knew they’d bail us out. We also had some pretty bad back ups with good stats because guys stepped it up. It’s a bad habit among bad teams.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  10. #150
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,752
    Rep Power
    63
    Only on here. Cant post BS anywhere else

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •