Thread: Tom Wilson Unloads on Ian Cole After Elbow to Head of Evgeny Kuznetsov

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Tom Wilson Unloads on Ian Cole After Elbow to Head of Evgeny Kuznetsov

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Didn't really think that was all that bad with Cole's elbow...Wilson pummelled Cole though. I'm thinking the linesman probably should have stepped in a little sooner there.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Didn't really think that was all that bad with Cole's elbow...Wilson pummelled Cole though. I'm thinking the linesman probably should have stepped in a little sooner there.
    I agree. Wilson continues to be a cunt.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I can't believe after all of that Cole was still standing. Fuck, he took a beating.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Wasn't a terrible elbow and I don't hate what Wilson did this time. Would of enjoyed it if he was on my team to be honest.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    I have listened to the folks who maintain that the presence of enforcers do not provide any deterrent to dirty hits. While Wilson's presence did not deter the elbow in advance, I gotta think Cole is going to think twice before messing with Kuz or anybody on the Caps again. What am I missing here?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I like Wilson. I also liked when Reeves destroyed him. These players keep things interesting.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I have listened to the folks who maintain that the presence of enforcers do not provide any deterrent to dirty hits. While Wilson's presence did not deter the elbow in advance, I gotta think Cole is going to think twice before messing with Kuz or anybody on the Caps again. What am I missing here?
    Why would it make a difference? Wilson's reputation and suspensions aren't a secret. Cole already knew Wilson was there and did it anyway.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Why would it make a difference? Wilson's reputation and suspensions aren't a secret. Cole already knew Wilson was there and did it anyway.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    You're going to argue that my end result is the same whether I get away with a pop on their star without retaliation or I get the living snot beat out of me? I believe that video is playing in the dictionary (or corresponding book of idioms) under "made an example of."

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Well, if Kuznetsov suffered a career ending injury, it wouldn't matter what Wilson did to Cole.

day-to-day Midget Division
    If Tom Wilson was on the Rangers he'd instantly be one of my favorite players on the team. I'd warm up to Marchand if he was on the Rangers. I dislike Marchand and like Wilson. Splitting hairs? Probably. But each has a reputation.

Brad Marchand has been suspended six times for a total of 19 games.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bru...ension-history

Tom Wilson has been suspended four times for a total of 24 games, by my count.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/n...t11flpw7ah3yf7

IMO, Wilson is treated as a 'goon' by the sports media, while Marchand gets a pass as a sneaky, gritty, hockey player who does what is needed to win.

I don't know why, IMO, Wilson is a 'bad' guy and Marchand is a 'good' guy.

Tom Wilson is 218 lbs while Brad Marchand is 181 lbs... so maybe its because when Wilson plays dirty he does more damage than Marchand. Who knows?
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=130599
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80463
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017