• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call F Vinni Lettieri; Returned 2/13/19

Phil

seems like he's been doing well (offensive numbers wise) in Hartford. From what we've seen of him up here though, I'm not convinced he's NHL caliber. No real two-way game. Wouldn't trust him with anything more than a few minutes a night on the 4th line. But who knows? Maybe the confidence of putting up almost a point per game in the AHL will give him a boost at this level.

also he's an upcoming RFA. Maybe they want to give him one more look before deciding if he's worth making an offer and keeping in the organization. Or doing him him a solid and giving him a chance to prove that some NHL team might give him a chance when we let him go

He's ill suited for 4th line duty and is not likely to do anything in that context that will earn him a promotion to a line that plays more. As the season winds down, if it becomes apparent that he won't be offered a contract as an RFA, I hope they don't waste ice time on him. Perhaps he should get one last chance on a scoring line for five or six games before a decision is made to part ways.

He's ill suited for 4th line duty and is not likely to do anything in that context that will earn him a promotion to a line that plays more. As the season winds down, if it becomes apparent that he won't be offered a contract as an RFA, I hope they don't waste ice time on him. Perhaps he should get one last chance on a scoring line for five or six games before a decision is made to part ways.

Couldn't agree more. There is literally nothing in Lettieri's game that suggests he should be called up to play on the 4th line. Either play him on a scoring line or call up someone who fits the job description.

Why? That is exactly Lettieri's role in the organization as a fringe player. It'd only be shitty if they did it to a kid waiting to make his NHL debut.

B/c I think he's still a "kid," despite his age, and we don't know if he can contribute in the NHL. Plus, he's tearing up the A so he probably craves a shot in the NHL. If he was 30, I'd agree.

Archived