• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade F Cody McLeod to NSH for 2020 7th Round Pick

Phil

Cody is a goddamn warrior and I hope he gets to play some games with them and have a decent enough impact. Maybe they just think they can make a good run and want to have him along for the ride to repay him for his time there earlier? idk what their motivation is for bringing him in but happy we got something for him, even if it's just a 7th rounder in two years

They don't really have any of those though. Hartman, maybe? Fiala would be good value to a rebuilder, but Boyle/McLeod wouldn't play in that.

Huh?

Young roster player + signed roster player + pick + prospect for Panarin/Stone

some combo of Hartmann/Fiala + Bonino/Wilson etc

Say what you want about McLeod, but any player who is willing to drop the gloves to give himself a career gets respect in my book, especially a guy whose done it for 12 seasons.

Same here. But he wasn't an effective hockey player, so I'm glad they've moved on.

For sure, just that the hate he got seemed way too harsh for a guy who doesn't deserve the hate.

He had a much better second half with the Rangers than he did the first. Much of the hate he got was as a direct result of watching Staal and Vesey get concussed in that Nashville game in which he did nothing about it.

Archived