• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: Preds, Devils Finalizing Trade to Send Brian Boyle to Nashville

Phil

The fact that five years after we let him walk he still rates a 2d rounder speaks volumes to the fact that we were stupid to let him walk. On break up day, AV told him he would not play center and only 4th line wing, and he left for the chance to play some center. They should have just told him he would have a shot at center! I understand that he had not really excelled at that position with us before, but he was immensely valuable (why else was he always on the ice for the last two minutes when we were up by a goal, back in the days when we closed out those games without getting burning 6 on 5).

The fact that five years after we let him walk he still rates a 2d rounder speaks volumes to the fact that we were stupid to let him walk. On break up day, AV told him he would not play center and only 4th line wing, and he left for the chance to play some center. They should have just told him he would have a shot at center! I understand that he had not really excelled at that position with us before, but he was immensely valuable (why else was he always on the ice for the last two minutes when we were up by a goal, back in the days when we closed out those games without getting burning 6 on 5).

He left because he wanted more TOI, and he didn't get it. I don't get the love affair with Boyle. He was a fine 4c, but they didn't miss him when he was gone.

A 2nd rounder is only his rate to Poile, who is dumb. He's the same guy who traded a 1st for Paul Gaustad.

Archived