• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panthers Interested in Dealing for Sergei Bobrovsky; Brassard Going Back to Columbus?

Phil

I get why they'd try to deal for him, but I have no clue why they - or any team - would commit to him for 8 years.

Because I'm not sure, short of collusion, that any team's offer is going to be taken seriously without term.

Because I'm not sure, short of collusion, that any team's offer is going to be taken seriously without term.

It doesn't take collusion to think that there aren't teams who want to line up to give Bobrovsky 8 years and $50m or whatever. There's probably only like 5 teams who would be in the market for him, and Jimmy Howard is pretty much as good and wouldn't be as expensive.

Teams that could benefit from a great goalie are basically Florida, Carolina, STL, Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary. It doesn't have to be collusion to think that none of them want to go 7 years on Bob.

Eighth year. Can't get it without owning the players rights prior to free agency.

Ah. I see. I’m not sure how it’ll be worth it. A trade for bob will likely be very expensive. What if he walks? Unless there’s a sign and trade in place already — but we never see that in the nhl.

Archived