Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carp: Hayes to Jets, Heating Up?

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    When I look back on this season years from now, I think I'll remember McQuaids "Kane" body slam and when Hank almost snapped his neck on Cody McLeods ass.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Just because we trade Hayes doesn't mean we won't pick-up negotiations with him again in the summer. Even if we want to keep him, we should still trade him. We know he loves being a Ranger more than any player we have and will be willing to keep talking.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    It's possible, sure. History suggests it rarely ever happens, though. Much as he loves New York, I'd imagine he loves the chance of winning and playing in the playoffs on a contending team more. Certainly once he gets a taste of it again.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Hayes
    Zucc

Both need to be moved here in the next few weeks. Kreider perhaps near the draft or next years trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    If he gets traded he's almost certainly gone for good. Someone else will offer him a super premium deal. He will get appreciably more than what Gorton could sign him for right now. Players are very sad to cut the cord and go, but once they've been gone for a spell, they don't turn back.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Just because we trade Hayes doesn't mean we won't pick-up negotiations with him again in the summer. Even if we want to keep him, we should still trade him. We know he loves being a Ranger more than any player we have and will be willing to keep talking.
    Trade him to Winnipeg. He’ll more certainly take a discount to come back to NY!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

“Before we did the segment here - so about 10 minutes ago - I checked in on Kevin Hayes and the New York Rangers, just to see where that’s at,” indicated Dreger. “Because he’s a pretty important piece to the New York Rangers. That deal might come right down to the end. Have a conversation with Hayes. Find out what he wants to do. Does he want to push for a playoff run, and ultimately the Stanley Cup as a rental, and then perhaps sign back with the New York Rangers.

“Kevin Hayes, to me, should be a player that Minnesota or a team like Winnipeg should be looking at. I mean, just everything he brings, I think he’d fit nicely in that conference.”
    https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/arch...rade-potential
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    If he gets traded he's almost certainly gone for good. Someone else will offer him a super premium deal. He will get appreciably more than what Gorton could sign him for right now. Players are very sad to cut the cord and go, but once they've been gone for a spell, they don't turn back.
    I think this is where Hayes will fall.

There are times where I think a player could come back, but I think that's more true for guys who are nearing the end of their career - like Nash was last year. It is exceedingly rare.

I'm not in love with WPGs prospects if they aren't willing to move Roslovic or Vesalainen. What's the point of NYR adding more middle-6 forwards, especially ones that are already 23 (Petan, Appleton). Even Roslovic....he's 22 and barely more productive than Howden - 5 of his 7 goals came in the last 4 games.

Trading Hayes for poor man's versions of Hayes is totally pointless.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I was thinking Minny would be a good fit for him, especially with Koivu out for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'm not in love with WPGs prospects if they aren't willing to move Roslovic or Vesalainen. What's the point of NYR adding more middle-6 forwards, especially ones that are already 23 (Petan, Appleton). Even Roslovic....he's 22 and barely more productive than Howden - 5 of his 7 goals came in the last 4 games.

Trading Hayes for poor man's versions of Hayes is totally pointless.
    I'd have a lot of interest in Niku.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Meh, he's fine but doesn't really add much that's not already in the pipe, and he makes a lot more sense if you're trying to win next year...which would probably mean keeping Hayes.

I'd hate him as the focal point of a Hayes trade. At some point, this team needs forwards lol.

Meh, he's fine but doesn't really add much that's not already in the pipe, and he makes a lot more sense if you're trying to win next year...which would probably mean keeping Hayes.

I'd hate him as the focal point of a Hayes trade. At some point, this team needs forwards lol.
    I'm the exact opposite on this. I think they need all the defensive help they can get. I'd nuke the entire blue line right now for a brand new start. As in not keep a single player they currently have under contract and probably be fine with moving forward with a clean slate. The only two players I see any real long-term value in are DeAngelo and Skjei, and I'm firmly on the fence with both. My loyalty with both is basically game-to-game.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I'm the exact opposite on this. I think they need all the defensive help they can get. I'd nuke the entire blue line right now for a brand new start. As in not keep a single player they currently have under contract and probably be fine with moving forward with a clean slate. The only two players I see any real long-term value in are DeAngelo and Skjei, and I'm firmly on the fence with both. My loyalty with both is basically game-to-game.
    I mean sure. But he's another middle-pair prospect and your third-best LHD prospect, assuming he's ahead of Sjalin and Rykov.

At some point, you need to stop just throwing shit against the wall and actually believe in the pieces you have, especially when the other two prospects are a first-round pick you traded up for and the centerpiece of the Mac deal. Not to mention that you're also behind a guy you just paid $5m a year for. You can't keep committing resources and then second guessing yourself by committing more to the same position. Trading Hayes for your 3rd-pair LD is a colossal failure.

What's the need for Niku when you have:

Skjei
    Hajek
    Miller
    Rykov
    Sjalin

And precisely 2 scoring winger prospects - one of whom was drafted as a C. At some point, Gorton has to have some faith in his scouts and, really, himself, that they've hit somewhere along the line.

I mean sure. But he's another middle-pair prospect and your third-best LHD prospect, assuming he's ahead of Sjalin and Rykov.

At some point, you need to stop just throwing shit against the wall and actually believe in the pieces you have, especially when the other two prospects are a first-round pick you traded up for and the centerpiece of the Mac deal. Not to mention that you're also behind a guy you just paid $5m a year for. You can't keep committing resources and then second guessing yourself by committing more to the same position. Trading Hayes for your 3rd-pair LD is a colossal failure.

What's the need for Niku when you have:

Skjei
    Hajek
    Miller
    Rykov
    Sjalin

And precisely 2 scoring winger prospects - one of whom was drafted as a C. At some point, Gorton has to have some faith in his scouts and, really, himself, that they've hit somewhere along the line.
    This is an easy answer (for me).

Because Niku is an NHL player, and no one beneath Skjei comes with the same guarantee.

On paper, next season, Niku is undeniably their third LD. Possibly second-best depending on growth.

Skjei
    Staal
    Niku

<-- steep drop -->

Miller
    Lindgren
    Hajek
    Rykov
    Sjalin
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

This is an easy answer (for me).

Because Niku is an NHL player, and no one beneath Skjei comes with the same guarantee.

On paper, next season, Niku is undeniably their third LD. Possibly second-best depending on growth.

Skjei
    Staal
    Niku

<-- steep drop -->

Miller
    Lindgren
    Hajek
    Rykov
    Sjalin
    You don't need another NHL player next year, because you aren't trying to win next year. Niku's never even been an NHLer, how do you know it's a steep drop? He could be John Gilmour, for all we know.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    You can add Nils Lundkvist to that pipeline as well.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    You don't need another NHL player next year, because you aren't trying to win next year. Niku's never even been an NHLer, how do you know it's a steep drop? He could be John Gilmour, for all we know.
    Yeah, we are either worried about rebuilding, or worried about having an NHL player next year. Niku doesnt seem to fit either, based on the current players signed for next year, and those coming through the system. He doesn't fill any need.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'd be very interested in Niku as well.

I'm on board with bringing in any quality young NHL/NHL-ready defensemen. But it should also mean doing anything that can be done to getting rid of the contracts that are currently on the books. Take on half or more of the cap hits - whatever it takes. Teams might actually be interested in Smith @ 1.5-2 million per season, or Shattenkirk at 2.5-3.5 million per season. Tired of these horrible veteran defensemen being put out on the ice. There is nothing to be gained from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    You can add Nils Lundkvist to that pipeline as well.
    He's a righty, but yea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast