Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Political Thread: New Rules; New Attitude

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I agree. You have too much of the money.
    BTW. Here's difference between wealth vs wage. What group is making the biggest leaps? Hint, it isn't the low income folks.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    pull up whatever chart you want. Taxes are based on income, not "wealth".
    You're voting against yourself. Against your family. Against your sons future.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    pull up whatever chart you want. Taxes are based on income, not "wealth".
    You're voting against yourself. Against your family. Against your sons future.
    I didn't vote for Trump. He raised my taxes.

Game. Set. Match.

You're allowed to worry about my son's future when you acknowledge climate change and support reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump. He raised my taxes.

Game. Set. Match.

You're allowed to worry about my son's future when you acknowledge climate change and support reform.
    Raise taxes on the highest income earners, exactly! Thatís what you want. Stop complaining.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Except for that I'm not high income. I'm middle income.

Maybe if Amazon paid taxes, I could pay less.

Now you’re just being greedy. You are in the top 10% of wage earners in the US.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm not subscribing to your generic wage report that doesn't take into account simple things such as regional cost of living.

Banned Midget Division
    this witch hunt on Trump will probably turn out ugly for our politics. Its gives the Republicans basically the right to pound on the next President (who will most likely be a Democrat). Not only bitch like they bitched about Obama's birth certificate, but actually act out on accusations, find ways to try to impeach, special councils, etc. I have a feeling that's all we'll be hearing from now on, how to impeach the next president. the sides are so intrenched, its no longer about the president but not my president.
    the can of worms has been opened. I think we'll see ugliness and not integrity. My 2 kopeks

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    this witch hunt on Trump will probably turn out ugly for our politics. Its gives the Republicans basically the right to pound on the next President (who will most likely be a Democrat). Not only bitch like they bitched about Obama's birth certificate, but actually act out on accusations, find ways to try to impeach, special councils, etc. I have a feeling that's all we'll be hearing from now on, how to impeach the next president. the sides are so intrenched, its no longer about the president but not my president.
    the can of worms has been opened. I think we'll see ugliness and not integrity. My 2 kopeks
    I don't disagree with you in a vacuum.

In reality, this isn't a witch hunt. It's literally the job of Congress to check and balance the executive branch, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the executive branch has been about as kosher as a cheddar pig. That Congressional leadership had been derelict of that duty for the last two years is meaningful here.

I hate that you're right about the two sides being too entrenched thing, too. That 42% of Americans still trust this loose cannon of a president is a damning indictment of just how much our trust in democracy has disappeared.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Pretty good approval rating compared to Macron, Merkel, May, Trudeau, etc

So, if this isnt a witch hunt, then its the end of investigations, right?
    Nah, you know this is a sore loser tactic, and they wont stop wasting time and money.

Nah, you know this is a sore loser tactic, and they wont stop wasting time and money.
    Stop doing illegal shit, stop getting investigated. It's a magical serum.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect

Have you looked at the Mueller Report? The obstruction portion basically says over and over again that Trump was trying really hard to get the people around him to obstruct justice but they all refused.

I'm not sure why Trump gets the kind of pass he does. If any other President in history did 1/100th of what he's done, they'd have been crucified. I guess there's just so much dirt around his presidency, that no one grain of sand seems so bad anymore.

Reminds me of the old saying, "kill a man and you're a murderer, kill a million and you're a conqueror, kill everyone and you're a god"

Most politicians get taken out when they kill one man, politically speaking. Trump's killed so many it just seems normal now.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mue...r-russia-probe

“Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations,” the report said, noting that the “incidents” were often carried out “through one-on-one meetings in which the President sought to use his official power outside of usual channels.”

“These actions ranged from efforts to remove the Special Counsel and to reverse the effect of the Attorney General’s recusal; to the attempted use of official power to limit the scope of the investigation; to direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony,” the report continued.

But the report said: “The President’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”
    This is from Fox News.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Have you looked at the Mueller Report? The obstruction portion basically says over and over again that Trump was trying really hard to get the people around him to obstruct justice but they all refused.

I'm not sure why Trump gets the kind of pass he does. If any other President in history did 1/100th of what he's done, they'd have been crucified. I guess there's just so much dirt around his presidency, that no one grain of sand seems so bad anymore.

Reminds me of the old saying, "kill a man and you're a murderer, kill a million and you're a conqueror, kill everyone and you're a god"

Most politicians get taken out when they kill one man, politically speaking. Trump's killed so many it just seems normal now.
    Yeah I've read a lot about how the legal definition of collusion has changed in the last 24 hours.

"Could not conclusively..."

In my world, that means "he-said/she-said"

You want collusion - look at those in charge of this investigation and their ties.

It's fucking politics. Unfortunately everyone is dirty. And they're always wasting time and money.

"Could not conclusively..."

In my world, that means "he-said/she-said"
    Mueller seems to have basically concluded with "It is unconstitutional for me to charge the president, but here is all the evidence for someone who can charge him to do so" aka, "senate/congress, go do your job"
    Hidden Content

Yeah I've read a lot about how the legal definition of collusion has changed in the last 24 hours.
    I was talking about obstruction of justice, not collusion (conspiracy).

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Mueller seems to have basically concluded with "It is unconstitutional for me to charge the president, but here is all the evidence for someone who can charge him to do so" aka, "senate/congress, go do your job"
    Can you find that for me?

To me it’s, “now, you try, if you want”

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Well hopefully the next president isnít a criminal

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast