Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Political Thread: New Rules; New Attitude

day-to-day Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm just here to apologize for my previous behavior. My words were unwarranted and I feel bad for putting any undo duress on members or mods. Dick move on my part.

I'll do my best to stay out here, but thought I should start here before going to roast hot takes on trade day
    Dunny, I miss your political comments. I learn a lot from your take on events, and your historical perspectives.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Banned Junior Division
    Canadians....cant live without them, cant kill them!

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Crazy stuff in Kashmir right now.

India made a quick sneak attack w/ nuclear capable Mirage 2000's last night. Targetting a terrorist camp. Pakistan is now retaliating and, as far as I can tell, is advancing across the LOC in company strength.

Of course, there is literally zero to be found on this from our esteemed media class.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/25...ir-ravi-indus/

India made a quick sneak attack w/ nuclear capable Mirage 2000's last night. Targetting a terrorist camp. Pakistan is now retaliating and, as far as I can tell, is advancing across the LOC in company strength.

Of course, there is literally zero to be found on this from our esteemed media class.

Yeah, US media is... preoccupied. Kashmir has been a flashpoint for India-Pakistan for many years

Here's the BBC take
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47375920

'Analysis by M Ilyas Khan, BBC News, Islamabad

The Indian air strikes that hit a target inside Pakistani territory have taken tensions to a dangerous level....Also, Pakistani officials have been underplaying the severity of the incident by describing it as a strike "across the LoC", not one across the international border. Pakistan has vowed to respond but this may not go beyond diplomatic measures. However, as some observers point out, there may be punitive attacks by militants against Indian forces in Kashmir "at an appropriate time".'

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

This is still happening as heavy shelling has resumed at the LOC.

It also seems that PAK was able to shoot down (2) mig-21's yesterday in a clever ambush, though I'm not really willing to take their word for it.

Check out @ELINTNews’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status...370883073?s=09

Also interesting to me is that both countries are nuclear powers thanks to... Canada.

Canada's Minister of Defence is Harjit Sajjan. A Sikh, born in India, though that's par for the course here. Our immigration minister is actually a Somalian.
    Last edited by Dunny; 02-27-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Moderator Junior Division
    Also interesting to me is that both countries are nuclear powers thanks to... Canada.
    How so?

We provided the tech via CANDU reactors and the AECL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

Virtually all my extended family worked for AECL at one time including my in laws. Korea, China, India, Pakistan. They spent a lot of time in those places setting up reactors. Bruce Power is just down the road from me and is currently the largest operating nuclear facility on the planet.

Moderator Junior Division
    We provided the tech via CANDU reactors and the AECL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

Virtually all my extended family worked for AECL at one time including my in laws. Korea, China, India, Pakistan. They spent a lot of time in those places setting up reactors. Bruce Power is just down the road from me and is currently the largest operating nuclear facility on the planet.
    Hmm, interesting.

That's not too much different than what the Vice article BBBE posted earlier then, correct?

I'd say that's worse, if true.

I'm obviously no expert but I think it's easier to get a nuclear weapon from US style reactors than Canadian.

Senior Member Junior Division
    On the Cohen testimony

I'm being cautious about him. Remember when Avenatti (or however you spell his name, the Stormy Daniels Lawyer) got propped up by the left and it turned out he was the same sleazy lawyer we should have all known he was? I was hesitant about even acknowledging him then and it turned out to be the right call

Cohen is also a sleazy lawyer. I don't think he's telling us anything we didn't already know. Proof of the Stormy Daniels payment that he provided is certainly notable, but I think that's a pretty well known thing at this point

But lets be cautious about not celebrating him now that he's coming forward. He was always a sleazebag lawyer. Not saying that he isn't saying valid things right now, but we need to be cautious about propping him up and using him as our shining example of how awful Trump is.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    On the Cohen testimony

I'm being cautious about him. Remember when Avenatti (or however you spell his name, the Stormy Daniels Lawyer) got propped up by the left and it turned out he was the same sleazy lawyer we should have all known he was? I was hesitant about even acknowledging him then and it turned out to be the right call

Cohen is also a sleazy lawyer. I don't think he's telling us anything we didn't already know. Proof of the Stormy Daniels payment that he provided is certainly notable, but I think that's a pretty well known thing at this point

But lets be cautious about not celebrating him now that he's coming forward. He was always a sleazebag lawyer. Not saying that he isn't saying valid things right now, but we need to be cautious about propping him up and using him as our shining example of how awful Trump is.
    All he's doing is laying the groundwork for Mueller.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Sleazy? Certainly. Facing prison? Absolutely can be a sobering event in one's life. I can see him wanting to 'make things right' before shipping off to the unknown. There's palpable fear now -- he knows that he is a shank away from immortality. It may not be Sing-Sing, but there is still good reason to fear for his life. If not now, then the remainder of his life will be looking in the mirrors.

What gets me most though, is the elected leaders still carrying the torch for Trump and attempting to discredit or disparage anyone or anything that attempts to impugn Trump. Why is that? Man such a dysfunctional country at the moment.

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    All he's doing is laying the groundwork for Mueller.
    I'm not sure I follow here. I doubt Mueller needs a convicted liar to lay any groundwork. After 2 years everything Mueller provides will be evidence based.

I only read stories on the testimony but I hear that Cohen said he knew of no evidence of Trump colluding. I would think we would have heard that today from Cohen if there was collusion.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    I'm not sure I follow here. I doubt Mueller needs a convicted liar to lay any groundwork. After 2 years everything Mueller provides will be evidence based.

I only read stories on the testimony but I hear that Cohen said he knew of no evidence of Trump colluding. I would think we would have heard that today from Cohen if there was collusion.
    Tweets like this:

CNN article, US media has more than zero
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/polit...rns/index.html

They're like two days behind "Intel Crab" on Twitter. It's pathetic.

In a very odd twist of fate, I would now say that Justin Trudeau will likely resign before Trump is impeached, though it's pretty obvious after yesterday that Trump will not be impeached.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...mpression=true

Pretty crazy. Not that it really matters as there's only one political party in this country.

Banned Junior Division
    In a very odd twist of fate, I would now say that Justin Trudeau will likely resign before Trump is impeached, though it's pretty obvious after yesterday that Trump will not be impeached.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...mpression=true

Pretty crazy. Not that it really matters as there's only one political party in this country.
    "Gilakas’la. Thank you Mr. Chair and members of the Justice committee for providing me the opportunity to give extended testimony to you today. I would like to acknowledge that we are on the ancestral lands of the Algonquin people."

what is this all about? do all Canadians have to "acknowledge" that they killed off most of the indigenous peoples before every speech?

They're like two days behind "Intel Crab" on Twitter. It's pathetic.
    Many Americans would consider India-Pakistan relations... eventually.
    OK, so if India-Pakistan goes nuclear (weapons launch), we're all screwed.
    Otherwise, it's background noise (India and Pakistan have hated each other from day 1... as the Arabs have hated Israel... and the Hutus have hated the Tutsis).
    https://www.thoughtco.com/location-o...-hutus-3554918

IMO, the rest of the world is better off when the US isn't paying attention. Because when the US is paying attention, we tend to ship arms to one side of the other, and weapons proliferation tends to destablilize regions (see Afghanistan).

https://www.encyclopedia.com/politic...ration-weapons

http://katehon.com/article/how-us-ar...ematic-regions
    'All local conflicts of the last decade have one common trait. Regardless of the geography, national, and religious character of their sides, they all gain weapons supplied by American forces. ' so take with grain of salt.

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast