Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zucc Linked to Calgary in Trade Talks

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    36 played one heck of a game in Jersey tonight. Why is signing him for two years if he'd take it beyond consideration for Gorton? It's not as if he's taking a roster spot away from some great young phenom.
    That can be revisited in the summer. For now he needs to be traded for assets.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    If he wanted to be here, he would have already signed 3m x 3y.
    Dude came out and said he already took 2 discounts, and wasnt looking to do it again.

But yes, good game. Even Anson and Valiquette were advocating to re-sign Zucc and Hayes in the post-game.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Junior Division
    Those passes he was making worked against Jersey. They wouldn’t work against good teams

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Those passes he was making worked against Jersey. They wouldn’t work against good teams
    Pretty much this here!!!

Jersey played like shit last night; Actually they made the Rangers look like a decent team after the first 15 minutes of the game.

Zucc goes.....and take Valliquette with him....I really can't listen to him much anymore either.

That whole MSG bunch with the exception of a select few needs to be re-evaluated.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Pretty much this here!!!

Jersey played like shit last night; Actually they made the Rangers look like a decent team after the first 15 minutes of the game.

Zucc goes.....and take Valliquette with him....I really can't listen to him much anymore either.

That whole MSG bunch with the exception of a select few needs to be re-evaluated.
    Trautwig is straight up cringeworthy all the time.
    I like Vally and Pitdo and his stupid 150 have been slowly growing on me for the past few years...maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome.
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    36 played one heck of a game in Jersey tonight. Why is signing him for two years if he'd take it beyond consideration for Gorton? It's not as if he's taking a roster spot away from some great young phenom.
    Zuc been playing great hockey lately,he has overlooking like his old self,keep it up

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Trautwig is straight up cringeworthy all the time.
    I like Vally and Pitdo and his stupid 150 have been slowly growing on me for the past few years...maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome.
    Sir, I salute you!!!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Zucc needs someone to pass to. IF we could land THAT elite scorer then keeping Zucc makes sense. If not then all of the best passing in the world won't matter. He's the consummate playmaker living life in a supporting role.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Zucc ain't bringing much back this year...we waited too long on this guy. If we get a decent prospect for him I'd be happy.
    12 points in his last 6 games approaching the deadline... what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    12 points in his last 6 games approaching the deadline... what are you talking about?
    This, plus a 61 point pace on this season which would match his career high. He's playing extremely well over the course of the last month or so after a slow start + inj. Based on production, his value was trending downwards to start the year but it's recovered by now.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Trading Zucc is a mistake. Yeah, he's 30, I get it. There are certain people who play sports like their 5 years younger. I think Zucc is one of them. Whatever return the Rangers get in a trade will have a ton of risks and the chance of getting a player better then they have with Zucc is very slim. Add on his manageable cap hit and it really makes no sense. Without Zucc on the first line, you are back to not having a first line. Getting back to the age thing, I think Zucc is in his prime now and he has a minimum of 4 years that I could see him playing at his best. Then you factor in the lockeroom, Hank, the fans and IMO they should just sign him, piss on potential, risky prospects or draft picks.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Trading Zucc is a mistake. Yeah, he's 30, I get it. There are certain people who play sports like their 5 years younger. I think Zucc is one of them. Whatever return the Rangers get in a trade will have a ton of risks and the chance of getting a player better then they have with Zucc is very slim. Add on his manageable cap hit and it really makes no sense. Without Zucc on the first line, you are back to not having a first line. Getting back to the age thing, I think Zucc is in his prime now and he has a minimum of 4 years that I could see him playing at his best. Then you factor in the lockeroom, Hank, the fans and IMO they should just sign him, piss on potential, risky prospects or draft picks.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Any time you have a guy approaching UFA, when you are a rebuilding team, you have to move him. Is he going to want to stay on a team with no chance of winning? He's 31 years old. If he's lucky he has maybe 4-5 years left in the league. He's going to want to sign a big ticket somewhere, and he's going to want to sign it with a competitive team.

Love Zuc, he's been one of my favorite Rangers ever. But everything comes to an end. Get assets to help rebuild for him while you can instead of losing him for nothing

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie

He can re-sign in the offseason for 3 x 3 if he wants to play in NY.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

3 x 3 is just not happening. Names gets 4 so Zucc should get 5 x 3 . Right?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Want nothing to do with him at 5 or 6, I think his ask will be in between and I believe his body is taking a hit and deteriorating

Last edited by CBrowningPI; 02-02-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Senior Member Midget Division

So you want to keep Zucc knowing that he's an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the season and may decide to just go anywhere else and trade Hayes for a sandwich?

day-to-day Midget Division
    Zucc for Calgary draft pick(s)? Sign me up. Zucc would give the Flames a boost in trying to get deep in the playoffs. Rangers could use draft picks
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    So you want to keep Zucc knowing that he's an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the season and may decide to just go anywhere else and trade Hayes for a sandwich?
    If they sign him he's not a UFA. / Maybe a 1st and a sammich. I'm not on the Hayes is great team.

If they sign him he's not a UFA. / Maybe a 1st and a sammich. I'm not on the Hayes is great team.

Whether you like Hayes or not is irrelevant to getting a good return for him based on production.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast