Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Joe Biden the Democrats' Best Chance to Beat Trump in 2020?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    You just spelled it out. 60% doesn't constitute a "racial headcount." Nor does it account for a 52-36% gender split across race, a 51-35% split of millennials across race, or for why 40% of Americans now label themselves as Independents (all 2015, so subject to change in my direction.) You're just spitballin' on a lazy Saturday. I'll stick with simplistic and inaccurate.
    So.. Just a crazy coincidence I guess

Moderator Squirt Division
    I'm not saying that there are not racial trends in voting. I think the Dems will have a clear advantage in the future, but for a variety of reasons. But I think to say that it is demographics alone is simplistic and inaccurate. 35% of the US voting population are white women. That is roughly equal to the black and hispanic voting populations combined. So, alienating white women at the current rate the GOP seems to be delivering is a change factor at least equal to and perhaps greater than racial voting trends and not covered by the "racial headcount" theory.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The only reason Bernie supporters turned on Clinton is because they knew (and was proven later) that the DNC rigged for Hilary.

Bernie was polling more positively that either Trump or Hilary. He'd have easily beaten Trump in a general.
    Maybe so, but to actively fight against Clinton or in some cases even vote for Donald Trump is to be short sighted. Sorry your candidate got cheated but what we have now is not a better solution than Clinton. I worry that Bernie's camp will be a polarizing one yet again.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Maybe so, but to actively fight against Clinton or in some cases even vote for Donald Trump is to be short sighted. Sorry your candidate got cheated but what we have now is not a better solution than Clinton.
    The DNC needed to be taught a lesson. I think to not fight against Clinton and leave the DNC unscathed would have been incredibly short sighted.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Maybe so, but to actively fight against Clinton or in some cases even vote for Donald Trump is to be short sighted. Sorry your candidate got cheated but what we have now is not a better solution than Clinton. I worry that Bernie's camp will be a polarizing one yet again.
    Well, yea I don't justify their actions, just the fact they had a reason to be upset.

But honestly, I know a lot of people who didn't vote rather than vote HRC.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The DNC needed to be taught a lesson. I think to not fight against Clinton and leave the DNC unscathed would have been incredibly short sighted.
    If they throw up Biden, they obviously didn’t learn.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12