• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MIN Trades F Nino Niederreiter to CAR for F Victor Rask

Phil

Yeah, they're so weak at C. Gregg McKegg isn't a long-term plan.

Hayes tho...

Yea, would actually fit pretty nicely with Nino.

I bet they're more interested in Duchene. He seems more Carolina-y to me. Plus, you can use him and staal as 2a/2b depending on matchups and deployment. I don't think you'd do that as much with Hayes.

Nino - Duchene - Svechnikov would be REAL fun lol

http://www.startribune.com/look-at-the-long-view-on-why-the-wild-traded-nino-niederreiter-for-victor-rask/504632291/

'Overall, though, the trade probably should be viewed like this: While nobody should be giving up on this season given the Wild is still in the playoff mix, Fenton is and should be keeping at least one eye on 2019-20 and beyond...

And Rask is a center — a spot at which the Wild has reasonable depth at the moment with Eric Staal, Mikko Koivu, Charlie Coyle and Joel Eriksson Ek.

But Staal is notable as the only relatively high-priced Wild player ($3.5 million) whose contract expires after this season. Rask is a built-in replacement, and it doesn’t hurt that his $4 million cap hit is $1.25 million less than Niederreiter’s for each of the next three seasons.'

Archived