• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Quinn: "It doesn't look good," for Claesson

Phil

Way too many dmen on the team. I don't know why they did that to themselves this year. Are they going to get more than they gave up for McQuaid next month? Are they going to get anything at all for DeAngelo?

They can get a return for both of the guys you mentioned. As for why they did that, it probably had something to do with the fact the Defense was one giant question mark.

I think he’s good for his expectations. Once you have to pay him or expect him to be anything more than a bottom pair defenseman he’s no longer “good”. Most good teams aren’t dressing him most nights in anything more than a sheltered role if at all

This team isn't likely to have a good enough defense to make that an issue over the next one or two years. I'd give him an extension now for one or two years without issue.

Like who? They should be doing all they can to move bums like Shattenkirk, Smith and even DeAngelo. Kid's a headcase.

Why though? Who would want them even at little to no cost? We dont need the cap room for anything. And a buyout or anything like that just extends the wait for their caphit to be off the books.

Why though? Who would want them even at little to no cost? We dont need the cap room for anything. And a buyout or anything like that just extends the wait for their caphit to be off the books.

Dead weight with each passing season minus DeAngelo. Finding a suitor is what matters and having cap space is never a bad thing. Someone will need a contract along the way.

Dead weight with each passing season minus DeAngelo. Finding a suitor is what matters and having cap space is never a bad thing. Someone will need a contract along the way.

If they can find someone who willingly wants it then great, that's for sure. But I am thinking it would cost us assets to have a team take them (the other guys, not ADA). If that is the case they need to just hold them.

If they can find someone who willingly wants it then great, that's for sure. But I am thinking it would cost us assets to have a team take them (the other guys, not ADA). If that is the case they need to just hold them.

That's entirely possible. I wouldn't pull the trigger on something that would hurt the team. But I'd see what's out there at the very least.

they have a fair amount of dough wrapped up in guys that really aren't top line guys in smith, shatty and staal. i guess you can include brady in here but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's still young.

the more i look at the cap friendly D, the more i'm bewildered we have that kind of dough tied up for two more years.

i'm looking to move all of them if i can. bag of pucks would be good. so idiotic when u look at the forwards and realize we're not paying anyone there.

Archived