Thread: Quinn: "It doesn't look good," for Claesson

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Quinn: "It doesn't look good," for Claesson

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Sucks for Claesson but he'll probably be back once the purge is over. Should give time to "showcase" any of the other defensemen.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Way too many dmen on the team. I don't know why they did that to themselves this year. Are they going to get more than they gave up for McQuaid next month? Are they going to get anything at all for DeAngelo?
    GORTON 2020

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Way too many dmen on the team. I don't know why they did that to themselves this year. Are they going to get more than they gave up for McQuaid next month? Are they going to get anything at all for DeAngelo?
    They can get a return for both of the guys you mentioned. As for why they did that, it probably had something to do with the fact the Defense was one giant question mark.
    Last edited by Lt. Dan; 01-12-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    One less 4th round pick

Member Mite Division Rangers845's Avatar
    The D was way better without Pionk today. It’s to bad there isn’t another option if Claesson can’t go.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'd resign Claesson. He's going to be cheap again as he can't stay healthy.

It's not as if we have Dman breaking the door down in Hartford and Miller/Lundqvist are a long ways off.

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    He’s played well for us and still fairly young at 26. Won’t cost much to sign. Why wouldn’t we.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'd resign Claesson. He's going to be cheap again as he can't stay healthy.

It's not as if we have Dman breaking the door down in Hartford and Miller/Lundqvist are a long ways off.
    Plus he's actually good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think he’s good for his expectations. Once you have to pay him or expect him to be anything more than a bottom pair defenseman he’s no longer “good”. Most good teams aren’t dressing him most nights in anything more than a sheltered role if at all

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I think he’s good for his expectations. Once you have to pay him or expect him to be anything more than a bottom pair defenseman he’s no longer “good”. Most good teams aren’t dressing him most nights in anything more than a sheltered role if at all
    This team isn't likely to have a good enough defense to make that an issue over the next one or two years. I'd give him an extension now for one or two years without issue.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    They pretty much have probably six or more placeholders on D right now when I use that logic. So can't argue your point Phil.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This team isn't likely to have a good enough defense to make that an issue over the next one or two years. I'd give him an extension now for one or two years without issue.
    Me too. That just doesn’t make him good though. He’s just better than most of what the rangers have.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    They pretty much have probably six or more placeholders on D right now when I use that logic. So can't argue your point Phil.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Like who? They should be doing all they can to move bums like Shattenkirk, Smith and even DeAngelo. Kid's a headcase.

Well he's good at some things, but generally speaking, he's a stop gap player. The Rangers need that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Like who? They should be doing all they can to move bums like Shattenkirk, Smith and even DeAngelo. Kid's a headcase.
    Why though? Who would want them even at little to no cost? We dont need the cap room for anything. And a buyout or anything like that just extends the wait for their caphit to be off the books.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Why though? Who would want them even at little to no cost? We dont need the cap room for anything. And a buyout or anything like that just extends the wait for their caphit to be off the books.
    Dead weight with each passing season minus DeAngelo. Finding a suitor is what matters and having cap space is never a bad thing. Someone will need a contract along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Dead weight with each passing season minus DeAngelo. Finding a suitor is what matters and having cap space is never a bad thing. Someone will need a contract along the way.
    If they can find someone who willingly wants it then great, that's for sure. But I am thinking it would cost us assets to have a team take them (the other guys, not ADA). If that is the case they need to just hold them.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If they can find someone who willingly wants it then great, that's for sure. But I am thinking it would cost us assets to have a team take them (the other guys, not ADA). If that is the case they need to just hold them.
    That's entirely possible. I wouldn't pull the trigger on something that would hurt the team. But I'd see what's out there at the very least.

Senior Member Midget Division
    they have a fair amount of dough wrapped up in guys that really aren't top line guys in smith, shatty and staal. i guess you can include brady in here but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's still young.

the more i look at the cap friendly D, the more i'm bewildered we have that kind of dough tied up for two more years.

i'm looking to move all of them if i can. bag of pucks would be good. so idiotic when u look at the forwards and realize we're not paying anyone there.
    Last edited by Slobberknocker; 01-14-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Acqua in bocca