Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They can't afford him, nor do they need him.
    Again Hayes linked to Boston.

day-to-day Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pittsburgh trades Brassard and Sheahan with 2019 2nd round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (MIN) to Florida for Bjugstad and McCann
    I noticed on the ticker and am still trying to wrap my head around.
    https://fansided.com/2019/02/01/nhl-...uins-panthers/

Given the recent history of the franchises, it's easier for me to see how this helps the Penguins franchise. Will be more interested with what Florida does (do they keep the vets for a playoff push? Or will they be moved before the trading deadline for other assets?) Draft picks help a rebuild and acquire talent (sound familiar?)
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Again Hayes linked to Boston.
    Source?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So within the last 24 hours or so Nick Kypreos said Jets and Preds were discussing a move for Hayes while Pierre said the Rangers we’re trying to resign him.
    GORTON 2020

Source?
    There is an entire thread on it. Pierre McGuire

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    There is an entire thread on it. Pierre McGuire
    Oh well. I stick by, they don't need him. Unless they move him to LW or the third line, making him light years less effective, as we've seen.

Like they didn't need Nash last year. But Boston gonna Boston.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Oh well. I stick by, they don't need him. Unless they move him to LW or the third line, making him light years less effective, as we've seen.

Like they didn't need Nash last year. But Boston gonna Boston.
    I agree. Although I like Hayes, we have enough guys skates to be potential 2Cs making it hard to justify paying a guy 6-7m for, well, essentially, what he’s done this [half] season.

Stay out of the danger zone. $4m-7m. We don’t need more overpaid middle 6 players!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    I’m a little behind here on the board, so what’s the consensus for Ranger trades here? What’s everyone want, looking to trade, returns, etc ... ? From what I’ve seen on Twitter, it seems like the internet GM’s want to trade Hayes, Kreider, Zuc, Buch, Zibs, and the entire D corps. That would leave us with Chytil and Hank, and 3-4 1st rd picks probably #25 and higher outside of our own. See you in 4 years. Oh, almost forgot ... Panarin. I’m sure he’ll love playing with 15 stiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’m a little behind here on the board, so what’s the consensus for Ranger trades here? What’s everyone want, looking to trade, returns, etc ... ? From what I’ve seen on Twitter, it seems like the internet GM’s want to trade Hayes, Kreider, Zuc, Buch, Zibs, and the entire D corps. That would leave us with Chytil and Hank, and 3-4 1st rd picks probably #25 and higher outside of our own. See you in 4 years. Oh, almost forgot ... Panarin. I’m sure he’ll love playing with 15 stiffs.
    I doubt you'll find much of a consensus outside of the obvious UFA-to-bes. McQuaid, Zucc, Hayes. Probably see if there's a market for Namestnikov. See if someone blows your doors off for Kreider.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Here’s to hoping we see someone get pulled off the ice in the middle of the game because they’ve been traded!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Here’s to hoping we see someone get pulled off the ice in the middle of the game because they’ve been traded!
    This!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I love when that happens
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I think the obvious two are Zucc and Hayes.

Everyone else is a maybe I guess. It would surprise me if Kreider got moved.
    GORTON 2020

I'd say

Definitely trade:
    Hayes - 1st, very good prospect
    Zucc - 2nd, decent prospect. A 1st if we're lucky.
    McQuaid - 3rd

Maybe trade:
    Kreider - He's the only piece they have that could potentially bring back a great return. Either a high end prospect or a very good, young NHL player. If the deal is there I'd take it. But not unless the return is really good.

Do not trade:
    Zibanejad - He's really coming into his own and his contract and age means he'll be a central piece in the rebuild. I mean, every player has their price, but it would have to be a crazy return for me to go for it.
    Buch - He has value when used correctly. And he can be resigned at a very good price whilst providing said value. I don't think they should be looking to move him at all.

Would obviously move guys like Smith and Vesey, Shattenkirk etc if there are takers.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Wonder if it's the right move to sell on Lias Andersson before the sheen of top10 potential rinses off.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Far too early to give up on Andersson imo.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Maybe their holding on to Buch so he can help his comrades infiltrate NY next season. The sullen Russian. Loved that one Ozzy.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I'd say

Definitely trade:
    Hayes - 1st, very good prospect
    Zucc - 2nd, decent prospect. A 1st if we're lucky.
    McQuaid - 3rd

Maybe trade:
    Kreider - He's the only piece they have that could potentially bring back a great return. Either a high end prospect or a very good, young NHL player. If the deal is there I'd take it. But not unless the return is really good.

Do not trade:
    Zibanejad - He's really coming into his own and his contract and age means he'll be a central piece in the rebuild. I mean, every player has their price, but it would have to be a crazy return for me to go for it.
    Buch - He has value when used correctly. And he can be resigned at a very good price whilst providing said value. I don't think they should be looking to move him at all.

Would obviously move guys like Smith and Vesey, Shattenkirk etc if there are takers.
    Pretty much agree with this. I'm not sold on Buch though. I'd put him in the maybe category too. Too much fluctuation on when he appears engaged and not engaged.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast