Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Who do you propose he play instead?
    GORTON 2020

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Everything you mentioned being shitty fall under fundamentals. And regardless of the players, that falls directly on the coach. Every single one of those falls directly on the coach.

Even worse, he continues to play the gym class all stars that can ONLY do the things you mentioned... yet they still dont.
    I thought they dominated the flyers all game long, just couldn't score.
    and how come Howden can do no wrong but Buch gets scratched?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Probably because Howden doesn't start openly sobbing when faced with the most minor of requests from the coaching staff.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I thought they dominated the flyers all game long, just couldn't score.
    and how come Howden can do no wrong but Buch gets scratched?
    Because he feeds Howden pancakes on game day
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Midget Division
    Because he feeds Howden pancakes on game day
    or some kind of Russian collusion

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Probably because Howden doesn't start openly sobbing when faced with the most minor of requests from the coaching staff.
    like 'can you please score'?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Everything you mentioned being shitty fall under fundamentals. And regardless of the players, that falls directly on the coach. Every single one of those falls directly on the coach.

Even worse, he continues to play the gym class all stars that can ONLY do the things you mentioned... yet they still dont.
    I hear ya Josh, the only thing is that I actually hear Quinn speak about the things he wants to fix in the pressers and the team just cannot seem to grasp the task at hand. I watched closely last night and man, they're fucking horrible.

Horrible meaning that their awareness looks like shit! They just always seem to be in the wrong spots, or too late to cover an open player. I couldn't tell if they communicate well, but there's seemingly no verbal contact during a play. It's like a Library down there. This is mostly defensive coverage stuff. As far as offense goes, forget it.

They don't shoot when they get the chance.

Sure, some can argue we had 38 shots last night...I call Bullshit! Either they were counting by 2 or I missed a good game! Those "shots" they did have wouldn't hurt if they hit the goalie in the nuts with no cup.

I'll stick with Quinn though, dude. I like his style! Once they dump this version of "Laugh In" we'll be back headed in the right direction.

josh's TDL Outlook

Rangers need NEED to get some picks. I'd love to see them package a player or 2 for an upgrade, but that's highly doubtful. For forwards, this is a buyers market. RHD might be a sellers market, and with a plethora of "enh" RHD, it might be a good chance to exploit a desperate team to overpay.

Likely to be traded: Hayes, Zuccarello, McQuaid
    Rumored/Possibly traded: Kreider, Namestnikov, Buchnevich
    Long-shot: Pionk, Fast

Boston Bruins:
    What they Need: 2nd line forwards
    Who the Rangers should target:
    Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, C Ė 22, drafted 2/45 - 2015 Ė not a huge fan, but he played for Quinn in Boston. Guy has a good 2-way game, and probably a decent prospect to replace what Hayes is currently doing for the Rangers.

Carolina Hurricanes
    What they Need: Centers, maybe a winger, Vet/playoff experience
    Who the Rangers should target: NOT Dougie Hamilton. Not sure why his name continues to get mentioned. It would take moving Kreider or Zibanejad, here, meaning a longer re-build window Ė so when the team is almost ready to play, his contract will be up.
    Probably their pick. They have good luck with ping pong balls.
    Adam Fox, D Ė 20, drafted 3/66 Ė 2016. The talented offensive defenseman currently destroying the NCAA.

Toronto Maple Leafs
    What they Need: RHD
    Who the Rangers should target: Zaitsev. Because you can demand a shit-ton back for taking that contract. I'd love Kapanen, would settle for Connor Brown, and would require Vladislav Kara, as well, along with a 1st, minimum.

Calgary Flames
    What they Need: Forwards, secondary scoring
    Who the Rangers should target: I donít know. You tell me.

Colorado Avalanche
    What they Need: 2C, depth scoring
    Who the Rangers should target: Every fans favorite team to discuss TDL deals. Well, they arenít trading their 1st round picks unless is a drastic overpayment. They arenít trading their Timmins or Makar, either. Kaut? Iím thinking thatís a long-shot, too.
    That leaves you with Tyson Jost, F Ė 20, drafted 1/10 Ė 2016. This guy has fallen out in Colorado. Been tried everywhere in the lineup but hasnít been able to produce how they wanted. To me, he reminds me to Sam Reinhart when he first struggled when entering the league, who has blossomed into a PPG player this season. Buy low. Get a pick or 2, as well.

Nashville Predators
    What they Need: Scoring
    Who the Rangers should target: Tolvanen! Ė aint happening.
    Dante Fabbro? Also played under Quinn. While I donít think the Rangers should be targeting defenseman, maybeÖ

Vegas Golden Knights
    What they Need: Forwards, secondary scoring, depth forwards
    I donít see a big trade happening here, but I could see sending Namestnikov or Fast for a pick and rights to Russia Nikita Gusev. If you havenít heard of him, look him up. Been crushing the KHL the last few years. 26-year-old wing, unsigned. Guy is right up there with Panarin as far as skill and has the ability to be a game changer.

Winnipeg Jets
    What they Need: #2C, rentals, ditch cap
    Kristian Vesalainen Ė 19, drafted 1/24 Ė 2017. Big power forward with skill. Couldnít cut it in the NHL, hated the AHL and ran to the KHL for this season. The upside is there, but still a wild card. Winnipeg needs cheap forwards, and probably wonít let their top prospect go for a rental. For this one, Rangers would need to take back salary, most likely in the form of Kulikov, who has one season at $4.3m cap hit.
    Jack Roslovic Ė 22, drafted 1/25 Ė 2015. Iím up and down on this guy. One shift he can be great, the next invisible, the next a detriment. With Vesalainen being a long shot, this might be the reasonable target.
    Brendan Lemieux, W Ė 22, drafted 2/31 Ė 2014. Itís Claudes son. While not as talented, still fun to watch, brings energy, and some feistiness. RFA at seasons end and might be something they would include in a trade. I donít think he should be the main piece, but coming back with a first and another prospect, Iíd entertain it.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Re: Calgary: Andrew Magiapane and Mathias Emilio Pettersen.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Though I like the thought, if Jost is Reinhart, I'm not taking him for Hayes. Reinhart is 100% the product of Eichel. He can't dictate play at all.

That's a good guy to have in your lineup, but the Rangers don't have an Eichel. I suppose you could put Jost with Zib/Kreider and that could be effective, but that's an awfully risky proposition in trading one of your best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Re: Calgary: Andrew Magiapane and Mathias Emilio Pettersen.
    A guy I thought about. I can't tell if he's Tyler Johnson or Corey Locke. He needs to be put in a position to show his offense, or he's worthless. Under Quinn, I don't think he gets those opportunities. He'll rot in Hartford, putting up PPG in the A. Get called up twice a season to play 4 minutes with McLeod. If you get a 1st for Zucc, sure, add anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Though I like the thought, if Jost is Reinhart, I'm not taking him for Hayes. Reinhart is 100% the product of Eichel. He can't dictate play at all.

That's a good guy to have in your lineup, but the Rangers don't have an Eichel. I suppose you could put Jost with Zib/Kreider and that could be effective, but that's an awfully risky proposition in trading one of your best players.
    Hence the "buy low". He shouldnt be the best thing coming back in a trade for Colorado.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I listened to the BSB podcast and they said they have to separate sources saying the link with Colorado is about Namestnikov.
    I'm not sure what kind of return they could be looking at for him, but I'd be surprised if it includes guys like Kaut.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I listened to the BSB podcast and they said they have to separate sources saying the link with Colorado is about Namestnikov.
    I'm not sure what kind of return they could be looking at for him, but I'd be surprised if it includes guys like Kaut.
    Anything more than a 3rd round pick is a steal IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I dunno. He's a serviceable enough player with another years term.
    But they're not getting anything big in return for him.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I dunno. He's a serviceable enough player with another years term.
    But they're not getting anything big in return for him.
    I think you're right Gravy!!! If you think about it, most of the Rangers are 3rd and 4th line players. What could we possibly get for these guys?

The players like Kreider, Zibby, and maybe Skjei because of his possible potential may draw something better, but I'm not holding out any hope for guys like Fast and Namestnikov to bring us back anything worth writing home about. Hell even Zucc isn't gonna bring home too much more than a 3rd rounder or a prospect, I don't think anyway.

This team better start tanking ....and that quite soon!!!!!

I wonder if they're listening to offers for Kreider.
    He could potentially bring back a massive haul from the right buyer. I wouldn't be against it if the price is right.

I wonder if they're listening to offers for Kreider.
    He could potentially bring back a massive haul from the right buyer. I wouldn't be against it if the price is right.
    For some reason I think this is a Kreider vs Hayes long term discussion, as I find it hard to believe they would trade both and I also don't think they would keep both. I think it is a tough decision, but if I'm choosing between Hayes or Kreider long term right now, I'm choosing Hayes...and I never thought I'd say that. On top of that, when you factor in you will get substantially more for Kreider than Hayes right now since Kreider is locked up for next year at a great rate, it becomes almost a no brainer. Trading Kreider might rock the boat for Rangers fans even more than the McDonagh trade though, so Gorton has to be willing to show some balls to do that.

Pittsburgh trades Brassard and Sheahan with 2019 2nd round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (PIT), 2019 4th round pick (MIN) to Florida for Bjugstad and McCann
    Last edited by josh; 02-01-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They can't afford him, nor do they need him.
    Again Hayes linked to Boston.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast