Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They do look alike.

Guy will be 23 soon. And having issues cracking the nhl on a regular basis. Is there something I’m missing, or are we continuing to target 3rd liners with 2nd line upside?
    I’m all for targeting better prospects but Boston doesn’t really have anything and other teams probably aren’t trading top flight prospects for a rental. Could be wrong but most teams /people value those type of prospects you pine for more than two months of the kind of player you don’t want.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    While no one could have foreseen Nash's concussion, wonder if the Bruins might be reluctant to make a big deal with NYR. They did the McQuaid thing, but Hayes would be a more Nash-like big move. Charlie McEvoy? In the grand karma scheme even with Nash, they owe us for the Rick Middleton f up.
    They’re not trading McAvoy for Hayes. No chance.
    Getting Donato and a 1st is the definition of “meh”. Not completely awful but certainly not great either. It might be the best you can get out of Boston though.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    With Toronto needing a D man, why wouldnt they be in the market for Staal? Also, wouldnt that be the one destination that Staal would consider waiving his NTC? Lets get some Staal to Toronto rumors going.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    With Toronto needing a D man, why wouldnt they be in the market for Staal? Also, wouldnt that be the one destination that Staal would consider waiving his NTC? Lets get some Staal to Toronto rumors going.
    cap.

If they are getting a Petro or Pesce, they'd trade a D prospect and Brown/Kapanen/similar, but they cant give that up for Staal.

Unless we take Zaitsev...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    I mean, they might, but I doubt it. He can't keep up with that team or make the first pass required to play for Mike Babcock effectively. I also doubt he sneaks past Dubas' analytically-aligned radar. Not when objectively better options exist in Gudas or Muzzin.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I mean, they might, but I doubt it. He can't keep up with that team or make the first pass required to play for Mike Babcock effectively. I also doubt he sneaks past Dubas' analytically-aligned radar. Not when objectively better options exist in Gudas or Muzzin.
    Might be a good time to see what Pionk is worth

He's not what they need. Pionk needs to go to a team looking for a little offensive help on the blue line. The Leafs need help stopping goals.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Right, that's Marc Staal's specialty. You were equally critical of Girardi's perceived ineptness. How's he doing?

He's not what they need. Pionk needs to go to a team looking for a little offensive help on the blue line. The Leafs need help stopping goals.
    he's a great practice player.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Such a buyers market, naturally. What a piss off.

Yeah, and with two teams with a bunch of valuable assets in the East, no less. Ottawa and Philly just existing is really fucking this thing up. Duchene (Hayes), Stone (Zucc), even Kreider (Simmonds). There's an option for everyone.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    And the Left D version of McQuaid (Oleksiak) just brought back a 4th rounder. I'd imagine that would be the probably return for McQuaid. 3rd if we're lucky.

Oleksiak doesn't have nearly the same cache McQuaid does — did? — does?

But, yeah, a third-rounder sounds about right.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Oleksiak doesn't have nearly the same cache McQuaid does — did? — does?

But, yeah, a third-rounder sounds about right.
    I mean, McQuaid has played 2 more playoff games in the last 5 years, and Oleksiak played slightly more minutes last year in the same number of games last year. I'm not sure McQuaid playing third-pair minutes 7 years ago would up that value unless a team is in dire need of a righty.

It's reputation. Stanley Cup.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I gotta say, after watching these guys over the last few weeks (barring a few lucky wins against teams that played poorly), and especially after last night; This team is an utter and complete shit-show.

They don't get the puck deep
    Skate like they could give a fuck
    Don't hit/finish checks for shit
    Don't shoot the puck...and hardly ever hit net when they do
    Suck at going to the net
    Blow dog dick on break outs
    Turn the puck over in the NZ constantly
    Play like pussies as far as toughness goes

Christ, I can go on for days...but what I watched first hand last night looked like a fucking last place AHL team. Matter of fact, I think a beer league pick up team could've beaten both those squads last night.

I actually feel sorry for Quinn; I think he's got the right approach, and he's going to be one hell of a coach in this league.

But Jesus, THIS TEAM FUCKING BLOWS!!!

If any Rangers management watched last night's debacle, I hope they realize this team needs to unload pretty much everyone right now.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I wouldn’t worry about that. Everyone knows the deal. They’re 6 points from last, last in ROW. I predict another full scale send off to complete the tear down, Another draft with 3 1st rounders and then they’ll begin the healing process this summer - inserting players into the lineup that actually have a future with the team.
    GORTON 2020

Banned Midget Division
    if I were you i'd start rooting for the isles. top of the division, bright future, cheap tix, go to the net, nice breakouts. everything you'd want in a hockey team

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I gotta say, after watching these guys over the last few weeks (barring a few lucky wins against teams that played poorly), and especially after last night; This team is an utter and complete shit-show.

They don't get the puck deep
    Skate like they could give a fuck
    Don't hit/finish checks for shit
    Don't shoot the puck...and hardly ever hit net when they do
    Suck at going to the net
    Blow dog dick on break outs
    Turn the puck over in the NZ constantly
    Play like pussies as far as toughness goes

Christ, I can go on for days...but what I watched first hand last night looked like a fucking last place AHL team. Matter of fact, I think a beer league pick up team could've beaten both those squads last night.

I actually feel sorry for Quinn; I think he's got the right approach, and he's going to be one hell of a coach in this league.

But Jesus, THIS TEAM FUCKING BLOWS!!!

If any Rangers management watched last night's debacle, I hope they realize this team needs to unload pretty much everyone right now.
    Everything you mentioned being shitty fall under fundamentals. And regardless of the players, that falls directly on the coach. Every single one of those falls directly on the coach.

Even worse, he continues to play the gym class all stars that can ONLY do the things you mentioned... yet they still dont.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast