Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Dolan Weighs in on the Rangers’ Current ‘Course’

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jamsim67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    no, i'd say Hayes is part of that reason. Henrik might be the reason he never won the cup tho
    ????????????????

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It's bullshit, sorry.
    Lundqvist himself is the only true elite player they've had in the Lundqvist era. If they had a couple more players of his calibre they would have had a far better chance of winning the cup.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    He's also got a history of giving up bad goals at the worst times.

He's got a longer history of winning games the Rangers had no business winning.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yea. Just not the big ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Yep,it's Hank s fault ,cause he couldn't score a couple of goals,damn you Hank,you cost us the cup

It's quite likely they wouldn't even have been in the big ones without him.
    Whatever. I think it's ridiculous to suggest Lundqvist was the main reason they didn't win a cup.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    6-2 with .958 save % and 1 SO in game 7's
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Midget Division
    The only Stanley cup final we've played in the last 25 years would've never happend if it wasn't for Hank.

"After the Rangers fell behind to the Penguins in their second round series 3-1, Lundqvist faced 32, 37, and 36 shots against in the final three games, all wins, respectively. His save percentage in those final three games? A not-so-pedestrian .971". In the conference final he was .922 and the Stanley cup final he was .923, but sure - He's fault we've never won anything.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    It is a belief that his play was masking a bad team - prevented them from properly rebuilding 4 times and counting.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Deleted Midget Division
    Worst take in the history of this board

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Both opinions are correct. He was instrumental in any success we enjoyed, but also gave up brutal goals that changed series'.

Karlsson goal was as bad at as bad a time as any I can remember anyone letting in.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Would we be happy if any of our young goalies could ever become anywhere near like Hank ,the answer is yes.
    Having Hank around is like having a super star forward,like we never had

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I would agree, but I'd also look to move on from such a goalie before they make 8 million/year.

IMO the best goalie system is one where you're rotating 2-3 very good goalies through in a space of 3-5 years. Just keep them coming and move them as they become costly. There's just way too many fantastic goalies out there to saddle a large portion of cap to any one goalie.

Banned Midget Division
    Lets not paint Lundqvist into this swedish Jesus. He only won the Vezina once and that only out of pity. His numbers weren’t even the best that year. He is just the flashiest that will make a crazy save.
    His salary is another thing might’ve prevented the team getting better upfront, especially in the beginning of his contract when $2-3M in cap made a huge difference.

Senior Member Midget Division
    while i wasn't a big fan of the 8 mln dollar contract, the guy has done as solid a job as anyone repping ranger blue.

for a lot of years he was a goalie the rest of the league was envious not to have.

sometimes you don't know what you have if your too close to it.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Welp, I look forward to the day we're paying an average goalie 4-5m a year because I can tell you right now there will be some very bad goals given up at very bad times.
    GORTON 2020

day-to-day Midget Division
    The past is the past. The present isn't great. The future is what we are building toward. I focus on where I'd like the team to be 2-5 years from now. I still watch (when I can, no MSG), and there are some tough games to watch right now. Eventually vets will be traded/retire/have their contracts expire and move on.

It would be a great story if Lundqvist could backstop a Stanley Cup champion, hopefully the Rangers. Given where our roster is right now... I don't see it. I hope he proves me wrong.

How are we going to build a consistent Stanley Cup contender for a five year window? 1940 and 1994 were great. Other franchises have had 4-10 year windows where they have won multiple Stanley Cups, or gone to multiple finals. Wouldn't that be great?
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Liked your article posted to Twitter.

Questions to be considered next; Should Sather be the next to go in this rebuild? How about Ruff? The D is rough.

I buy the argument about cap space, but that's neither here nor there and a separate discussion to whether Lundqvist was the main reason they didn't win a cup.
    Unless you're making the mother of all assumptions; the Rangers would have spent the extra cap space on a player or two that would have propelled them to the cup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast