• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Athletic

Dunny

Anybody paying for this?

I signed up finally, (Jays and Rangers all I care about) thought it would be primo, alas, it's fucking awful. Carpinello is err.. OK, but the other primary writer has no business writing about the NYR. It's incredibly disappointing. The latest breakdown of the Rangers D situation reads like it's for a person who just discovered what the Rangers were yesterday.

Phil, how have you not been hired there?

Anybody paying for this?

I signed up finally, (Jays and Rangers all I care about) thought it would be primo, alas, it's fucking awful. Carpinello is err.. OK, but the other primary writer has no business writing about the NYR. It's incredibly disappointing. The latest breakdown of the Rangers D situation reads like it's for a person who just discovered what the Rangers were yesterday.

Phil, how have you not been hired there?

The platform itself is great if you want solid coverage about other teams. It's just not good for the Rangers, because the guy they got to lead it is the poster boy for what a beat writer was in 1992.

Also, what value would I have to them? I'm no one. LOL.

Outside of the fluff pieces, you get the same info for free. Shayna is OK. I follow her on Twitter and she doesn’t have anything anyone else is saying. Anything breaking you can get off Twitter. Outside of the Rangers, I don’t need any other in depth coverage of any teams.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the guy covering the Rangers does an OK job....he's not a MUST-READ like Larry Brooks but he's got some good insight. The analytics pieces are good.

Carp's stuff is fantastic, as usual, and he interacts with his readers which was always his strength.

I think the guy covering the Rangers does an OK job....he's not a MUST-READ like Larry Brooks but he's got some good insight. The analytics pieces are good.

Carp's stuff is fantastic, as usual, and he interacts with his readers which was always his strength.

???? Carp is the guy in The Athletic that covers the Rangers.

???? Carp is the guy in The Athletic that covers the Rangers.

Yea - and Shayna Goldstein or whatever her name is.

The Rangers coverage on The Athletic isn't nearly as good as it is for other teams across sports.