Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#39) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // New Year, Same Shit

#BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    Lindsey Ruff “D” 3 in front of the net and no one picks up Crosby. Great management for keeping this guy around
    Hard questions need to be answered about this team's defense. They were unprepared for their competition which lies in the blame of the coaching staff.
    WE GOT KAKKO AND THE BREAD MAN! LET'S GO RANGERS!

#DRIVEFORFIVE

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Hard questions need to be answered about this team's defense. They were unprepared for their competition which lies in the blame of the coaching staff.
    The questions aren't hard. They're actually easy to answer.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    Lindsey Ruff “D” 3 in front of the net and no one picks up Crosby. Great management for keeping this guy around
    I think Ruff was kept around for other reasons than performance. Now that he has helped show Quinn the ropes of NHL management, the Rangers can let Ruff go in the offseason.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

[RS] (#39) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // New Year, Same Shit

They weren’t unprepared, they are just awful
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Team stinks. A decision to hang on to any of these players would be short sighted.

Rangers. Need. Talent.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Team stinks. A decision to hang on to any of these players would be short-sighted.

Rangers. Need. Talent.
    I still don't know why we haven't traded players such as Namestnikov. We need to get draft picks in the trade deadline and will be sellers at best. Tanking has begun in earnest

#DRIVEFORFIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    They weren’t unprepared, they are just awful
    Terrible on both Offense and Defense. Might as well trade our Mediocre Talent when we come to the trade deadline to build up draft capital. Who we draft will be better than the sieves we have on defense right now.

#DRIVEFORFIVE

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I still don't know why we haven't traded players such as Namestnikov. We need to get draft picks in the trade deadline and will be sellers at best. Tanking has begun in earnest
    Because trading is a two-way street that requires another team be willing to take that player on in exchange for something. That usually occurs around the deadline becuase that's the cheapest point of the year in which teams' caps are maximized.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quinn is simply intent on playing Lunquist into the ground. He's going to end up with an absurd number of starts for a 37 year old by the end of the season.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Quinn is simply intent on playing Lunquist into the ground. He's going to end up with an absurd number of starts for a 37 year old by the end of the season.
    Rangers schedule has been pretty light. Lots of time off between games up until this point. I imagine he's trying to keep the Rangers as close to the playoff race as possible.

The next two weeks are insane and the season finale is like I've never seen. I imagine Georgiev will start getting more time. I don't blame him for playing Hank. Hank is literally the only reason the team isn't in last.
    GORTON 2020

Well that beat down has been coming for a while.
    Hopefully this is the start of a run to improve our draft position.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Its so annoying that this team is so bad, but still not even in the bottom 10 of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Its so annoying that this team is so bad, but still not even in the bottom 10 of the league.
    Still a very good chance they end up there.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Still a very good chance they end up there.
    Yeah but they should already be there, competing for the last spot.

Definitely. It's very annoying.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Whats the problem ,you want them to lose,they lost,still complain,for a team to lose most all their games,they have to play shitty ,mission accomplish

day-to-day Midget Division
    I saw the last ten minutes of the second period (when the Penguins scored 4 goals, and the Rangers scored one) and the final score (family needed me for stuff). Penguins are an explosive team that buried their chances... they only had about 15 shots and 4 goals when I was watching. The Rangers are suspect defensively, and their goaltending didn't bail them out tonight.

The Rangers are the same team we've been watching for the past month... they faced an explosive team playing good hockey last night. Penguins/Capitals/Lightning are the kinds of teams the Rangers would have to beat in the ECF. They would have to survive two rounds of playoffs to get to the ECF.

NHL history has no. 8 teams or wild card teams making deep runs. So some in the fan base can hope for that scenario.

I want to rebuild.... not by selling vets for 25 cents on the dollar. But by getting fair value for players... and taking advantage of desperate teams looking to make trades to make the playoffs or make a deep playoff run.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    With his salary, and given there aren't going to be a lot of back to back nights, that's a given. Can't get top dollar salary number and not expect to be depended on 65+ games this season. Unless he wants to talk to the Rangers NHLPA about adjusting his salary down a bunch, and that is never happening.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This team is thoroughly ass. Not even clean ass, either. Like just went for a jog and didn't really wipe 100% after shitting ass. It smells bad and everyone downwind of you knows it.
    This should be mounted in the posting Hall of Fame!! Phil, dude...you win!!

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Whats the problem ,you want them to lose,they lost,still complain,for a team to lose most all their games,they have to play shitty ,mission accomplish
    Lefty man, you're right, my good man! This team needs to lose, and we got what we needed. It's just so painful to watch, that our inner-most Ranger fan can't withstand such putrid efforts. I can't stand the fact that they're bordering on trying to make the playoffs as well; this team needs to shit the bed sooner than later.

I suppose for me, it's plays like where Buchnevich gets pushed off the puck by Letang, who barely even scratched him with his purse, and he goes in and leaves Hank's jock hanging on the crossbar. That kinda shit makes me wanna take a running start and jam my penis into an electric socket, while standing in a bucket of water. I'll be shocked if Buch doesn't sit next game...or more!!! That kid needs a serious ass kickin' to toughen him up.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I don't find watching this painful, at all. It was too be expected.

It's like watching your house get renovated. Yea it'll be a dump for a few months, but the finished product should be well worth it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast