Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Buchnevich Frustrated by Lack of Scoring/Points

  1. #41
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,458
    Rep Power
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    So Buch is going to score 1000 points in his career?
    If he spends his prime seasons on McDavid's wing.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #42
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,387
    Rep Power
    53
    we're getting McDavid?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    11
    That's Mr. McJesus.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,380
    Rep Power
    68
    Buch has no where near the dangles or offensive acumen that Kovalev had...with Kovalev he always tantalized what he ended up being with Pittsburgh. No matter who Buch played with he doesn't ooze that offensive potential like Alex did.

  5. #45
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,875
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Buch is Kovalev.

    with shorter shifts
    They are the same....except the world of difference in talent and production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    466
    Rep Power
    16
    I guess they are the same except the Rangers would not have won the Cup without Kovy (see called shot game, for example) and the Rangers will not win the cup with or without Buch. Really, Kovy might not have been the HOFer he probably should have been, but he had a good career and Buch couldn't tie his skates for him.

  7. #47
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,875
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I guess they are the same except the Rangers would not have won the Cup without Kovy (see called shot game, for example) and the Rangers will not win the cup with or without Buch. Really, Kovy might not have been the HOFer he probably should have been, but he had a good career and Buch couldn't tie his skates for him.
    Pretty much agreed
    By this age Kovi was a heck of a NHL player, and then became a PPG player.
    Buch looks closer to heading back to Europe


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  8. #48
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,407
    Rep Power
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Pretty much agreed
    By this age Kovi was a heck of a NHL player, and then became a PPG player.
    Buch looks closer to heading back to Europe


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It's funny, I was thinking he same...KHL bound

  9. #49
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    282
    He almost looks like he wants to go back.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    39
    He's frustrated by the lack of scoring?

    WTF! Now I'm mad!! Buch has not met our expectations in any way, shape, or form. The more I think about Kovalev, Zherdev and even Anisimov, I'm beginning to look at Buch with squinted eyes. DAMN!! Buch came in with high expectations. Sure, we were probably overly-optimistic, but that's what we do. On the other hand, where is his sniper shot? Where is the fluid skating and puck dangle? Where is the effort?

    The more I see of him the more I think that HE thinks he's at the Wollman Rink. Nyet. Nyet, I say. I can't take it any more.
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 01-05-2019 at 06:00 PM.

  11. #51
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,407
    Rep Power
    514
    These "first round talents" that drop to the 3rd usually do so for a reason

  12. #52
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,387
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    He's frustrated by the lack of scoring?

    WTF! Now I'm mad!! Buch has not met our expectations in any way, shape, or form. The more I think about Kovalev, Zherdev and even Anisimov, I'm beginning to look at Buch with squinted eyes. DAMN!! Buch came in with high expectations. Sure, we were probably overly-optimistic, but that's what we do. On the other hand, where is his sniper shot? Where is the fluid skating and puck dangle? Where is the effort?

    The more I see of him the more I think that HE thinks he's at the Wollman Rink. Nyet. Nyet, I say. I can't take it any more.
    lol...relax or you'll have a migraine. Not sure why peeps had high expectations for him. he was drafted in the 3rd round, its a miracle he even made this far. now Kravtsov, on the other hand, has really high expectation.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These "first round talents" that drop to the 3rd usually do so for a reason
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    lol...relax or you'll have a migraine. Not sure why peeps had high expectations for him. he was drafted in the 3rd round, its a miracle he even made this far. now Kravtsov, on the other hand, has really high expectation.
    He's Russian - they can do magical things, no? He showed us just enough to get us aroused. (That reads weird.) HOPE springs eternal in Rangers land. I pictured him with Zib/Zucc/Kreider/Names/Vesey/ - you name 'em, they were all going to set him up to turn a goal lamp into the Indian Point energy replacement source! Ok, that's far-fetched but you get the idea.

  14. #54
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,387
    Rep Power
    53
    if he can be a second line winger who scores 20goals, I think we all would be happy. I think he projects that much

  15. #55
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,046
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    if he can be a second line winger who scores 20goals, I think we all would be happy. I think he projects that much
    That's certainly not a bad return on a 3rd round pick.
    I guess the frustrating bit is that he appears to have the tools to be more than that.

  16. #56
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,387
    Rep Power
    53
    I dont think he’s been able to put it all together just yet. This season, as soon as he was getting going, he gor injured which set him back IMO. I think he’ll get close to 20 this year and hit at least 20 next season. Just a gut feeling, of course

  17. #57
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    39
    Beuch needs to add some muscle and bulk up a bit. He got drilled twice on one shift in the Isles game and a bit more mass would have helped his cause. I agree with you that hes like a doe trying to steady herself. Next year should be a very good indication of what we really have in this player.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Beuch needs to add some muscle and bulk up a bit. He got drilled twice on one shift in the Isles game and a bit more mass would have helped his cause. I agree with you that he’s like a doe trying to steady herself. Next year should be a very good indication of what we really have in this player.
    With the roster wide open he should have come prepared this year. I don't see it happening at this point. Very disappointing.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    605
    Rep Power
    22
    Hoping they get whatever they can for bitch face and move on.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    466
    Rep Power
    16
    He made some good plays against the Islanders. But some tantalizing good plays here and there. It's been this way for three years now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •