Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buchnevich Frustrated by Lack of Scoring/Points

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Buchnevich Frustrated by Lack of Scoring/Points

Pavel Buchnevich, who has one goal and one assist over his past six games since returning from his five-week absence (broken thumb) and is pointless in his past four, is frustrated by his lack of production. Buchnevich had a glorious opportunity in the final 1:10 of regulation against the Flyers on Sunday, but missed the net from the slot. Philadelphia won in a shootout.

“I can’t find my confidence to get scoring chances,” Buchnevich, who scored on his second shift on Dec. 14 after being sidelined 13 games, told The Post. “I’m trying to play within the system and work hard. I’m trying to figure it out.

“I need to find the right place where to get the puck. I think I’m doing the right things without the puck, but who really cares if I don’t get any points?”

Well, the coach does, for one.

“He doesn’t hide his frustration level well,” Quinn said. “I think that’s part of growing as a player, too, managing your emotions and understanding that there are things you have to do to be a good player and contribute to the team if you’re not scoring.

“I think Butchie has done some good things. He’s been a little more structurally sound and I’ve liked his effort. I think when you’re away as long as he was, there’s that burst out of the gate and a little bit of a dip. That’s what you might be seeing.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/kevin-...site%20buttons
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    One thing that frustrates me about Buch is that he is weak on the puck. Even the smallest amount of pressure and he gives up the puck easily.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Always overrated by the fanbase. He was a great prospect for this team. Not top 5 for 95% of the league though. Now chytil turn to be vastly overrated while buchnevich fades from the fans hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Always overrated by the fanbase. He was a great prospect for this team. Not top 5 for 95% of the league though. Now chytil turn to be vastly overrated while buchnevich fades from the fans hearts
    Damn. Already throwing Chytil in the trash eh. 19 years old.

I was hoping for a large step forward for Buchnevich this year. Shame. He isn't good at puck possession or controlling the play. He would score 40 in Crosby's wing though.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Damn. Already throwing Chytil in the trash eh. 19 years old.

I was hoping for a large step forward for Buchnevich this year. Shame. He isn't good at puck possession or controlling the play. He would score 40 in Crosby's wing though.
    I feel like he'd be a great complimentary winger for a better puck-controlling center. Kevin Hayes, basically.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Buch would be gone with Zucc on my roster.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Buch would be gone with Zucc on my roster.
    Agreed
    And perhaps Hayes due to impending contract, and Kreider the year after

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Also not throwing chytil or bucc under the bus. People have unrealistic expectations of them and even lias based upon being drafted 7th overall, sound familiar Pete? So positive there though. All can and will be good nhl players. Bucc never more than a complementary player, chytil a top 6 forward but not a star and lias a intangible bottom 6 guy. All have worth but all probably are over hyped by a fan base that has starved for prospects.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    I don't think there is anything wrong with being a top 6 forward and not be a star,he doesn't have to be a star ,to be a good draft pick in the late first round

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    i still think Buch can ne a valuable player,not thowing in the towel him yet.

plus this is the year to give all these players a good chance to show that they belong up here
    Last edited by lefty9; 12-29-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    To me Buch and Zucc need to go but the jury is still out and will be on Lias and Chytil. I think Lias has a long way to go.

Don't agree at all that Hayes and Kreider need to go. Two pieces to move forward in my book, although in the past I could see Hayes possibly mailing it in on the back half of a long deal. However I choose to believe he's turned the corner on that perception I always had that he's lazy which was always based on nothing but that stupid look on his face.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    To me Buch and Zucc need to go but the jury is still out and will be on Lias and Chytil. I think Lias has a long way to go.

Don't agree at all that Hayes and Kreider need to go. Two pieces to move forward in my book, although in the past I could see Hayes possibly mailing it in on the back half of a long deal. However I choose to believe he's turned the corner on that perception I always had that he's lazy which was always based on nothing but that stupid look on his face.
    You can keep Krieder or Hayes. Not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can keep Krieder or Hayes. Not both.
    Why?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Why?
    They'll cost too much.

Between them you're looking at $14 million, easy. If not more.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Between them you're looking at $14 million, easy. If not more.
    Agreed. It would be nice but not possible. Hayes is the most likely candidate to go considering he is a UFA looking at a big raise and we have young centers

Someone has to clue me in on why it isn't possible. We have plenty of cap space, unless we sign Panarin to 10-12 million a year.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Someone has to clue me in on why it isn't possible. We have plenty of cap space, unless we sign Panarin to 10-12 million a year.
    You have to re-sign Kreider. They will cost around the same as Hayes.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

It depends entirely on how you expect to improve. It might shut the door on Panarin or Karlsson or even a high-profile trade for quality help on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast