Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hayes Leaving Decision Up to the Rangers

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    if you can look into your crystal ball and tell me hayes has turned a corner and is going to be a productive player and continue to work, then sign me up. the organization sees him day in and day out and can make that judgement. i would feel much better about a four or five year contract, but get that the market helps determine the price and length
    If I had to bet money on a player it would be the one who's driving the offense, not the one who needs other players to create his chances for him. For all that Krieder brings, unless other player are springing him or getting pucks to the net for him, he's pretty useless and doesn't contribute in other areas i.e. PK.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    if you can look into your crystal ball and tell me hayes has turned a corner and is going to be a productive player and continue to work, then sign me up. the organization sees him day in and day out and can make that judgement. i would feel much better about a four or five year contract, but get that the market helps determine the price and length
    Perfect world I wouldnít give anyone a contract over four years.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    See Krieder scares my much more than Hayes because Hayes is potentially a 70ish point guy we're gonna pay $7 million for.

Krieder is a known commodity at around 50ish points and we're gonna pay him $7 million.
    Wait? Huh?
    Has hayes even hit 50 pts? Arenít they the same age?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Wait? Huh?
    Has hayes even hit 50 pts? Arenít they the same age?

Reread what I said

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    See Krieder scares my much more than Hayes because Hayes is potentially a 70ish point guy we're gonna pay $7 million for.

Krieder is a known commodity at around 50ish points and we're gonna pay him $7 million.
    You do know that Hayes has never outscored Kreids (expect last season because of Kreids' injury - Kreid's ppg was higher than Hayes' last year aswell) and this year Hayes has 2 points more (and 10 goals less) in the same amount of games. Why is Kreids is just a 50ish point player while Hayes is a potential 70 point player? They are even the same age.

Why are you basing Kreids on his past, but Hayes only his last current pace?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    You do know that Hayes has never outscored Kreids (expect last season because of Kreids' injury - Kreid's ppg was higher than Hayes' last year aswell) and this year Hayes has 2 points more (and 10 goals less) in the same amount of games. Why is Kreids is just a 50ish point player while Hayes is a potential 70 point player? They are even the same age.

Why are you basing Kreids on his past, but Hayes only his last current pace?
    Kreider is a year older and 7 years pro vs 5 for Hayes.

I mean it's my gut feeling and my concern over who I'd rather have. I can base it on anything I want. I think Hayes is more likely a 70 point player than Krieder a 40 goal scorer in the future.

For me, this boils down to two decisions:

The first one is for management two decide where the rebuild is heading next. Are they going after the big UFA's like Panarin or Stone in the summer, or is the idea to stock up on young talent for another season? If it's the latter you probably trade Hayes in the coming month or so. If it's the former, you have to make the second decision. Is Hayes the same guy just playing out of his skin for his next contract, or has he taken the next step as a hockey player and grown with added responsibility and being a senior locker room guy, thereby making it likely that what we're seeing now is what we can expect in the future? If it's the latter re-signing him seems like a bit of a no-brainer.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Who do you guys think would fetch more in return Kreider or Hayes,who is the higher demanded player for othe teams to trade for ,Kreider or Hayes

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Who do you guys think would fetch more in return Kreider or Hayes,who is the higher demanded player for othe teams to trade for ,Kreider or Hayes
    Kreids. Better goalscorer, more proven in the playoffs and has 1 year more on a cheaper contract.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    The centerman will get you more if everything is pretty much equal, which is pretty much the story here.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    The centerman will get you more if everything is pretty much equal, which is pretty much the story here.
    No it's not. Hayes is an UFA. He gives you a 1st + a prospect or two.
    Kreider has another year on his deal and fetches a greater return if the two were traded right now.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Kreider would have a touch more value if the contracts were all equally.
    He has a better proven record, physical, and goals are a premium in this league.

But heís locked up for one more year longer than hayes as it currently sits.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Not sure why I thought they are both UFA's this year. Maybe I'm having a brain fart and confusing him with Zucc.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    I think the situation is quite comfortable. A 6x6,5 deal running into his 32rd year is not too scary, so Gorton should simply wait and see what offers he can get and if they are less than he wants, then extend him after the deadline.

Come 2021, the Rangers have 10,6M committed in cap hit. 10,6! There is all the cap room in the world to play with, and that should be spent on well-developing guys like Hayes. For me, it's a very good situation to have only about 20% of the cap committed to Skjei, Hayes and Zibanejad. That is 17M very, very well spent.
    Last edited by Rosenvold; 01-04-2019 at 07:18 AM.

What if Hayes decides to test his value in the market if we don't sign him before the deadline?
    He would be a bit silly not to do so if Gorton offers him 6x6.5 as I wouldn't be surprised if he had better offers than that in the summer.

I don't know if the guy is absolutely desperate to stay with the Rangers or not, but seeing as they couldn't come to an agreement last summer I'd say you either sign him before the deadline or trade him.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I don't know if the guy is absolutely desperate to stay with the Rangers or not, but seeing as they couldn't come to an agreement last summer I'd say you either sign him before the deadline or trade him.
    Almost certainly. There's no way Gorton allows him to get to UFA status, even if that means taking a lesser return than he'd like at the deadlin.e

Banned Midget Division
    i'd assume that if they don't strike a deal before the trade deadline, Hayes is gone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123