• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Send F Lias Andersson to HFD

Phil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he’d develop more at the nhl level, with the daily practices and such... but if he’s not at ~10 minutes a game consistently, then it’s not worth it.

Quinn continues to stress trying to make the playoffs, so I imagine we will see a grittier grinding 4th line for a bit. We don’t need a 20 year old developing in that role.

He had a path for more minutes (Howden's minutes). Howden made a good impression over the first 2-3 weeks of the season, but has been pretty non-existent for about a month and a half while chewing up 15-17 minutes a game. He seems to have an unnecessarily long leash. There's plenty of minutes to give Andersson, but it's obvious they don't feel he is ready for them. Or maybe he's one of those guys who doesn't eat breakfast and wasn't a good fit for the game day breakfast club.

Listen to the Quinn interview. There's something else at play.

Seems Lias is every bit the whiny fuck that threw a medal in the stands.

Even his own quotes about thinking he should be a top 6 player clue you into his sense of entitlement.

The NHL?s holiday roster freeze has been lifted, unofficially starting the clock on the what should prove to be the Rangers? second-straight liquidation sale; one that promises to again clear the path for Andersson to return to Broadway. This time, perhaps, for good.

With pending UFA?s like Kevin Hayes, Mats Zuccarello, and Adam McQuaid all tumbling about the rumor mill to varying degrees, it?s entirely plausible to envision a sequence of events in which Gorton is able to carve another path for Andersson to make his way back up to the big club in the wake of their eventual absences. Provided most of what comes back to the Rangers in these trades isn?t additional roster players who will immediately block said path, of course.

In fact, depending on how heavy-handed Gorton decides to be, it?s even possible Andersson?s return could come with the added benefit of power play time or a top-six role. Perhaps even both.

Either opportunity for Andersson would do wonders in helping him make a much more emphatic impression where the worry of whether or not he?ll see even ten minutes in a given game a distant memory.

?It all depends on what our roster looks like next time he comes,? Quinn said of a possible return for the 20-year old Andersson. ?A lot will be dictated by who we still have.?

Andersson?s first contract year is kaput, so there?s no real reason he shouldn?t just be left to figure things out in the NHL. But the logistics don?t really offer him a clear path to do so just yet. Not until the lame ducks sitting ahead of him eating up valuable lessons he could be learning are dealt for futures over the next two months.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018/12/29/18159377/lias-andersson-situation-highlights-a-bigger-problem-the-new-york-rangers-created-themselves

I think he has one chance left, and it should run from this March through Training Camp/October.

I think at that point you should be looking for change of scenery candidates to exchange him for.

They have 2 guys on the team that played in the NHL as 20 year olds.

I think he has one chance left, and it should run from this March through Training Camp/October.

I think at that point you should be looking for change of scenery candidates to exchange him for.

Maybe, but they haven't really given him a fair shake just yet. If that March-through-Training Camp/October window forces him to play ten minutes a night with McLeod, then yup. And they'll have done it to themselves.

I think the better path is to do what they did with Chytil when he, too, spent a handful of games on the fourth line. Realize it's stupid to expect prospects with higher ceilings to do anything with only a handful of minutes and a couple of plugs and forcibly inject him into an offensive role where he can sink or swim.

Maybe, but they haven't really given him a fair shake just yet. If that March-through-Training Camp/October window forces him to play ten minutes a night with McLeod, then yup. And they'll have done it to themselves.

I think the better path is to do what they did with Chytil when he, too, spent a handful of games on the fourth line. Realize it's stupid to expect prospects with higher ceilings to do anything with only a handful of minutes and a couple of plugs and forcibly inject him into an offensive role where he can sink or swim.

Yes, I should have clarified that, I'm talking a legit shot in a top 9 role.

Archived